1. God. You need to develop a relationship with God and in order to do that you must:
a) Read Your Bible Daily. It's the only way you can know God's Will for your life.
b) Talk With Him Daily. Talk to God daily, just take some time to praise Him and thank Him for all that He has done for you. This is not a time to be asking Him for things, but enjoying His presence and the blessings that He has given you.
2. Salvation. If you want to develop a relationship with God, you must first accept Jesus Christ into you life. He is the only way to God.
3. Daily Prayer. Tell Him what your goals are and ask Him to help You succeed. If you put your trust in Him and truly believe that you will become healthy, He will guide you and help you succeed.
4. The Holy Spirit. The Holt Spirit dwells in us and knows exactly what we need. Talk to Him and ask Him to lead and guide you as to making the right food choices as well as which exercises you should do.
5. Keep the Faith. You must hold on to your faith. God is with you and wants to see you happy and healthy. Remember, the healthier you become the more you will praise Him and tell others about Him. It's all about glorifying the Temple that He gave you for Him. The more your faith increases the more you will succeed.
6. Fasting. Take one day a week and replace a meal or two with prayer and the Bible. Be sure to drink lots of water. Jesus said that if we truly want a prayer answered that it can only be done by prayer ans fasting. "And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting." - Mark 9:29
7. Eat From the Four Basic Bible Food Groups. Remember that everything is good in moderation, but we must keep our daily diet as close to the basic food groups as possible. Eat fruits and vegetables in season, whole grains, fish, and lean meats (e.g. chicken, turkey), fats should be all natural, from vegetables (e.g. olive, canola), and in moderation, sweets should be all natural and in moderation.
8. Drink Plenty of Water. An average person needs at least 64 ounces daily, the more active you are the more you need. If you begin to feel thirsty that is a sign that you are already becoming dehydrated and need more than the average.
9. Get Active. Try to do some kind of activity daily, walking, work around the house, cleaning, etc. Begin with 10 minutes a day and as your endurance increases, reach for at least 30 minutes of activity 3 times a week.
10. Seek Support From Others. Whether you join in with a friend or use online support do it faithfully. It helps you to stay motivated and accountable.
11. Be Patient and Do Not Give Up. You are developing a healthy lifestyle that will honor God and take care of your Temple. Take one day at a time, do not set yourself up for achieving quick results, it takes just as much time to take it off as it does to put it on.
12. Avoid Eating A Lot 3 Hours Before Bed. Eating late at night makes it harder for your food to digest properly, it takes 5 hours for all you food to digest.
13. Rest & Relaxation. Slow down, take your time, and try not to let the stress of the day get to you. Stress is the number one cause of overeating and weight gain.
Edited by: BYHISSTRENGTH at: 9/3/2010 (11:07)
We Can Do All Things By His Strength
God Bless You,
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
" - Galatians 2:20 thesaviorjesuschrist.com
| current weight: 263.0