Asian Chicken Salad
Posted by Christina Scovone on Thursday, May 7, 2009 Under: Chicken
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
* 5 cups Chinese cabbage, sliced thin
* 2 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
* ½ cup shredded carrot
* ½ cup minced scallion
* ½ cup sliced almonds
* ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 2 TBS toasted sesame seeds
* 2 TBS extra olive oil
* 2 TBS soy sauce
* ¼ cup rice vinegar
* 3 TBS honey
* pinch red pepper flakes
* salt & white pepper to taste
1. Preheat broiler. Place a stainless steel (be sure the handle is also stainless steel)or cast iron skillet large enough for chicken breasts under heat to get very hot in the middle of the broiler, about 7 inches from the heat source. Season chicken with a little salt and pepper.
2. When pan is hot, about 10 minutes, remove from broiler, and place chicken in pan, skin side up, and return to broiler. Cook for about 15 minutes depending on thickness of chicken. This is our Quick Broil cooking method. When done and cool enough to touch, remove skin, and cut into bite size pieces.
3. While pan is heating, thinly slice head of cabbage, and shred carrot. Carrot is easily shredded in food processor with shredding blade. Otherwise you can shred it by hand, or slice thin. Chop cilantro and scallion and add to sliced almonds, cabbage and carrot mixture.
4. Whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Toss with cabbage mixture and chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. (You can buy sesame seeds that are already toasted.) Serves 4
We Can Do All Things By His Strength
God Bless You,
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
" - Galatians 2:20 thesaviorjesuschrist.com
| current weight: 263.0