|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Due to the size of this team, there will be 3 different challenges that best suits your current progress.
September Goal 1 will be Advanced
September Goal 2 will be Intermediate
September Goal 3 will be Back to Basics
September Goal 3: Back to Basics
If you haven't been active on Spark since you joined in April, or haven't been consistent with your program, I encourage you to select this goal for September.
When January 1st gets closer, we all have it in our minds a list of New Year's Resolutions on changes that we want to make for ourselves. This is why Gym memberships skyrocket during the holidays; however, after about a few weeks, most of the new members stop going to the gym? Why? Mostly, it's because they didn't set realistic goals for themselves or plan how they will reach their goals. We live in a society where we want to see instant results. If we don't see it, then we give up. Like Liz has mentioned several times, all of our bodies are different and some of us have health issues going on that will make this journey a little bit harder. I believe Liz stated that she ate healthy and exercised consistently for 6 weeks before she lost 1 pound.
Like with anything in this life, if you want something bad enough, you'll find a way to succeed. With that said, it's important to learn and utilize the awesome tools available on Spark and to keep it real. I remember when I started the P90X program, I started the DVD and started working out with it. Since I was a beginner, I wasn't able to keep up with all that they were doing, so I took a few breaks throughout the DVD. When the DVD was finished, I entered 55 minutes of Intense Cardio; which, P90X is considered, and my Nutrition Tracker for the day skyrocketed to accommodate the calories burned based on the fitness activity I entered. Needless to say, I was actually gaining weight instead of losing. Hopefully, you're not making the same mistake that I used to make.
1. With this challenge you will need to watch all 4 SparkPeople Tutorial Videos that provide step-by-step Instructions to Use Our Tools, which can be found at the link below:
2. Drink at least 8oz of water each day, preferably more on the days that you exercise.
3. Track your food intake each day and keep it real.
4. Plan your goals the right way using the Goal-Setting Technique Page at the link below:
5. Don't be so hard on yourself. If you didn't do well this month, let it go, shake it off and begin anew. Only look forward.
6. If you have any health issues, and with your doctor's approval, fit in 500 fitness minutes and track them accurately in the fitness tracker.
Reference Guide to Exercise Intensity
7. Make it Fun. Sure, it's something new and it might even take you out of your comfort zone; but, you came here for a reason. Hold onto that reason every time you feel like you want to give up. Never give up on yourself.
If you want to make this your September challenge, simply reply to this thread with I'm in and post at least once each week of September with how you're doing.
“How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days.” John Burroughs
|April Challenge||4/3/2014 2:44:33 AM|