|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
I hit the pavement and did a 9 mile run this morning. It seems like all of my runs start out the same whether I run 5 miles or 13.1 miles. I start running and my mind tell me "You can't do this, just walk", "You really can't run 5,6, 10 miles", "Your legs feel like lead just try again tomorrow". Fortunately I have NEVER let my mind stop me...thus far.. So while I was running today I started to wonder if other people used little tips and tricks to get them started or get them through a run. I figured I'd start a little list...can anyone join in? Just cut/paste the list and see what we come up with. Perhaps we can motivate someone else with a "trick" we are doing.
Ways to psyche myself out to get START on a run
1. Check the weather and when it says 40 or above, I tell myself "It's PERFECT running weather"
2. I think about the weigh in I will to do AFTER I get back from a run...YES it's sweat weightloss BUT it makes me very happy!
3.I keep a nice supply of CUTE running clothes that beg to be seen
4. I tell myself a 6-9 mile run gives a great AB workout.
Ways to psyche myself out DURING a run
1. I run on a busy street, knowing people are "watching" makes me want to run strong
2. I say encouraging words to other runners as we pass each other, that motivates me
3. I pretend the person waaaaaaaaay in front of me is "'base"
4. When a great praise song comes on I sing...sometimes out loud!!
5. I set my running app on 5 miles even though I know I'll be running 6-9...I hate hearing "8 miles left!!" that messes with my head
Your Turn!! :)
It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning, great is thy faithfulness