Virtual Races allow us to race together no matter where we are geographically located or how much money we can afford to donate/register for a race event. If you can't afford to join an organized race, don't have any happening near you, or are simply unable to participate in one, register for a Virtual Race instead!
After doing some research, the EASIEST and SPARK-FRIENDLIEST way would be to join & track a Sparkpeople Virtual Race. Simply map out your own route, complete your race, and then share your results. Here's how:
1. Go to: http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/virtual-race-home.asp
2. Choose a date to register for a Virtual Race (Aug 19-25, 2012)
3. Click the "Join This Race Now" button
4. Complete your registration by indicating the race you plan to do and division.
5. Once you finish your own race during the week listed, share your results on the race wall,on the Virtual Race page, post a message to the Race Wall (something that mentions Black Girls RUN!), and post your info on our team message board entitled:
Black Girls RUN!-SparkPeople "Preserving the Sexy" 5K- August 2012
*** In true BGR spirit, photo documentation of completion would be ideal... so take a pic of your distance/time and post it in our team photos.
Since it's been suggested that we do this monthly, we can preserve the sexy during the last full week of at the end of each month. We will celebrate our progress, our efforts and our division (age group) leaders .
I hope this clarifies things for the group.... (I am so excited!!!!)
| current weight: 234.4