It's August, the end of those hot, humid, lazy days of summer. The month that we start to transition into Fall. The vacations are all over, for the most part. The kids are getting back to school. Time to start thinking about the upcoming Holiday Season. We are getting into the busiest time of the year for most of us. This is the time of year that most of us, who are going along just fine with our programs, put the things that we are doing for ourselves on the back burner. This is also the exact time of year that we need to stay focused and move ahead with our programs. There are a lot of things that can de-rail us from our journeys. We need a plan, a set of guidelines, that we can put into place so that this busy time WON'T get us off track, leaving us with more work to do when, and if we come back to it. My challenge to you is to sit down and think, really think about this. Make yourself a plan, that will help to keep you on track. I'm not saying to promise not to attend all of the wonderful, get-togethers that will happen, just so you won't "fall off the wagon". I'm saying make a plan so you CAN go to those functions and stay on track, while you are there. Stuff like, maybe you're going to a family get together and Grandma's traditional rum balls will be there. Something that is just served at this time of year. Are you going to NOT have some, of course not. You CAN choose to have just one, instead of eating a full portion, or maybe more of them. These are the things that will take you off track, if you don't plan ahead for them. You should also think about your exercise program. Most times, if we are having a busy time, that is what suffers. We just decide that we are active enough, running here and there, and we can let it slide a bit. Wrong ! We need to figure out a way to integrate it into our busy days, and/or nights. Things like instead of walking a mile at the local trail, walk a mile in the mall while shopping, and don't make pit-stops at all of those snack shops they tend to have in malls. Bring a little bag of veggies, nuts, seeds, or even a protein bar with you for the times when you want a little snack.
Here is how the challenge will work.
1) You can post your plan here, on this thread.
2) Number each thing that you are going to do to stay on track.
3) These things must be good solid ideas, not stuff like "don't eat as much as I did last year". We all know that.
4) You will receive five points for every idea, that you follow thru on each week, for at least 5 days out of that week. This gives you a little variance for surprises, like aunt Millie comes into town, unexpectedly and wants to go to lunch after shopping.
5) You can come back and post your ideas at different times,(one today, one tomorrow, etc.).You don't have to do it all in one post. They will begin to count on the day you post them. Our starting day of the week is Sunday. If you post an idea on Wednesday, you can not take points until the next full week. However if you post it on a Monday, you can take your points for that week as long as you only have 2 days between Sunday and Saturday that you did not participate(your 2 freebie days).
6) I will tally and post the points leaders for each week, on Sunday morning, or afternoon.
7) We will all essentially win, because when we are done with this challenge, we will have a plan to face that wonderful, enchanted Holiday Season, without the guilt, and fear we all would have normally.
With all of us participating, I'm sure there will be lots of great ideas that we all can take away form here and use. Let's all help each other while we help ourselves.
Edited by: SHERRY822 at: 8/9/2009 (14:25)
My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart,and my portion for ever.
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
"If you always do what you've always done,
You're Always Going To Get What You've Always Gotten."
| current weight: 308.0