This is adapted from the Nutritional Article about 10 Commandments for Parents when feeding their kids. This 10 Commandments is more about feeding yourself in a more healthful way:
1) I will not "force" myself to eat anything
2) I will include 5 fruits and veggies, 3 whole grains, and 3 servings of calcium rich foods in my diet each day
3) I will take responsibility for the planning, preparation, and cleanup of my meals--and I'll make it enjoyable!
4) I will make my mealtimes pleasant and stress free by turning off the TV and limiting distractions, serving attractive and delicious foods, and allowing myself adequate time to enjoy my meals
5) I will not allow myself to be manipulated into eating when I am not hungry, by stress, anger, sadness, loneliness, or any other emotion. I will prevent "binging" by allowing myself reasonable treats regularly.
6) I will accept that sometimes I just want to eat certain foods, and that this is normal and OK
7) I will accept that there are just some foods I don't like and will never like, and that this is OK
8) I will regularly try new foods and I will re-try them as many as 10 times before deciding that they are not for me
9) I will use my intelligence when deciding WHEN and WHAT to serve myself. I will pay attention to how I really feel when deciding HOW MUCH of it to eat.
10) I will take a multi-vitamin/multi-mineral each day for insurance
If you won't take time for your health, who will?
| current weight: 239.8