I'm signed up too! I've kindof been stuck in the suburbs of 140ville lately, but this challenge should help me to move back into town.
BTW if you're struggling with the amount of emails in that challenge from people ignoring the no new topics rule, here's how I've dealt with it (I posted it over there originally).
Gmail helps a ton! I'm getting around the big message volume by using my two gmail accounts (it would work with one gmail and one other, too) to weed out the irrelevant posts. Here's what I did:
1. After setting Gmail as your email in SparkPeople, open your Gmail account.
2. in the upper right corner of Gmail, click Settings, and then switch to the filters tab.
3. Click create new filter
4. in the "From:" box type (*@sparkpeople.com) in the "Has the words:" box type: (coach_nicole OR "Your SparkPage" OR "Coach Nicole").
5. Click next. The key step here is to enter your other email address in the "forward it to:" box. This way, your second email should only receive messages from coach Nicole or mentioning her, or notifications that someone has commented on your spark page. I also chose to skip the inbox, star it, and apply a label I created, called "Spark"
6. If you want to apply it to existing messages, check that box, click update filter, and you're done!
It works like a charm! Another nice feature is that even on the address I use for the filtering/forwarding, all of the messages for a particular board are in one conversation, so I can delete all of them in one click. And in that conversation thread, only the messages that contain my criteria have a star, so it's easy to tell at a glance which ones are important. Now if only my filter would separate the emails with my criteria from the rest of the conversation, without me needing to forward them out of gmail!
ETA: Oh, and...
1/4 Day 1: completed!
Edited by: MYRESOLUTION at: 1/4/2009 (21:46)
| current weight: 151.4