Please post no other threads here...
Answer can be found in the Answer Forum....Good Luck! & Let us know how you did!
The top five prizewinners in the veggie contest at the county fair had the last names of Brown, Wilcox, Byrd, Whittier, and Holden. In no particular order, their first names are Joe, Trevor, Malcolm, Daniel, and Walter. From the clues given, determine the first and last name of each winner, the type of produce that they grew (pumpkin, watermelon, corn, radish, or squash), and the prize, first through fifth, that they won.
1. Wilcox's produce finished ahead of the squash, which finished ahead of Walter's veggie, but none of these won first prize.
2. Neither Malcolm nor Holden entered the watermelon or the pumpkin.
3. The Whittier pumpkin placed higher than Daniel's entry, which in turn did better than Mr. Brown's corn.
4. Mr. Wilcox's produce finished behind Whittier's veggie and they both finished behind Trevor's produce.
5. Trevor's last name is not Holden and he did not grow the corn.
Tanya in Southern Ontario
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
| December Minutes: 782