you really ARE all about geting serious. getting organized will realy be challenge for me. I feel as if I have ben aempting to get organized for thelast 1 years! Tankfully,I am betterabout working out than i am about clearing my dining room table and office space.
Here is a challenge you can start at any time to help you get on the right track to a healthy lifestyle. Let 's see how many of us can really make some progress. We can do this!
GET SERIOUS PLAN
1. GET ORGANIZED The first step is to get organized. Organize your house and car. Don't think of it as a huge project that you have to do all at once. Start small if you have a lot to organize. Start with a bathroom drawer, your dresser, or your closet. Being (and staying) organized will help you have more time for other things, such as getting in your workouts and planning out your meals.
2. PLAN A START DATE Pick a day to start your plan. Try to post on Sparkpeople weekly, or daily if you can, keeping everyone updated on your progress, plus it helps to keep you motivated.
3. BEGINNING PICTURES Break out a camera and pen and paper. Look in the mirror or get someone to take pictures of you front and back. Make a list of everything you would like to improve and keep it with the pictures for motivation. Post your pictures on Sparkpeople if you are comfortable.
4. WEIGH IN, MEASUREMENTS, AND BMI Weigh in. Take measurements of your chest, waist and hips. Enter your weight and measurements in Sparkpeople (go to MY HOME and then go to Weigh In).
Calculate your Body Mass Index: (BMI) The following link will take you to a BMI calculator: www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/bmr- formula.php
5. FITNESS ASSESSMENT Do the fitness assessment on Sparkpeople. You will do situps and pushups, test your flexibility, etc. Keep your data to review in 3 months, 6 months, etc. This will help you see how much progress you have made.
6. DETERMINE YOUR GOALS What are comfortable goals for you? Weight loss, increased fitness level, lower cholesterol, etc?
7. WORKOUT PLAN Decide what kind of workout plan you will be doing and how many days a week you need to do it to attain your goals.
8. DIET AND NUTRITION Determine how many calories you should eat and burn daily. Make it a goal and track what you eat. Include drinking at least 8 cups of water.
9. MAKE A SCHEDULE YOU CAN STICK TO Use a calendar to schedule your plan. Use the calendar to plan your menu and workouts in advance. Fill in your obligations. Fine-tune your schedule. And make it a schedule you can stick to.
10. “ME TIME” Be sure to plan for time for yourself. Reading a good book, spending time with your family, a hot bubble bath, etc. Write down what your goals are. Put it on your schedule and stick to it!
11. REWARD YOURSELF Plan small and big rewards for yourself. For example, get a massage or pedicure after losing 10 pounds. Buy new clothes after losing 20 pounds.
12. POST YOUR PROGRESS OFTEN Use this thread for the challenge. Start out with what your plan will be, including your rewards. Check in at least weekly to let us know your progress.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” --Author Unknown
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind." -- Author Unknown
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.