1) I am committed to this challenge and will have my playlist posted by Oct 24th 2) My playlist will be for my training for a 5k (walk/run) 3) I like Cannibal by Ke$ha, The Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga, And really anything by Eminem! (right now 3/4 of my ipod is Eminem, lol)
current weight: 171.4
Fitness Minutes: (12,292) Posts: 502 10/18/11 6:58 A
1. I commit to making playlists to help me prepare for my beach ready journey and posting it here by Monday, October 24. 2. My playlist is one big playlist of music that keeps me motivated during my stationary bike sessions and my walking/my 5K training program. 3. I love "S&M" by Rihanna and most of Rob Zombie's songs have great beats that always push me forward with whatever activity in which I'm participating.
When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.--Erasmus
One expects so much from a chicken, and is so dreadfully disillusioned.--Sherwood Anderson
It's time for October Challenge #2! This week we're going to do a little more prep work for our seven-month journey to being beach ready.
Did you know that "carefully selected music can significantly increase a personís physical endurance and make the experience of cardiovascular exercise far more positive," according to a study conducted at Brunel Universityís School of Sport and Education.
Another study found that "Participants reported feeling better emotionally and mentally after working out regardless of whether or not they listened to music. But the improvement in verbal fluency test performance after listening to music was more than double that of the non-music condition." (Ohio State University)
Most of this probably isn't a surprise. We know there's nothing like great music to keep you exercising when the going gets tough. So this week's challenge is to ...
BUILD A PERSONALIZED PLAYLIST TO USE FOR THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY YOU DO MOST OFTEN.
Maybe you'll want a pumpin' beat for those 5K training runs that just keep getting harder (who me?). Maybe you want something soothing for your yoga or pilates work. Whatever the exercise, there is a music to match it.
Something that has helped me immeasurably is finding out a favorite workout song's beats per minute (BPM). I realized one day that the tempo of Poison's "Talk Dirty to Me" (no haters! Poison rocks!) was in perfect synch with my comfortable running pace. I looked up it's BPM, and then checked out other songs with the same BPM to create a running playlist that is sure to keep me moving at a good pace - not too fast, not too slow.
You can also just pick songs you like that you know will put you in the mood to do your daily fitness. And make as many as you need - one big playlist or one for each of your activities. Whatever works for you is great!
I'm going to create a new forum where we can share our playlists. In the meantime, please reply here with:
1) Your commitment to the challenge 2) The (first/main) exercise for which you're going to create your playlist 3) Your one or two favorite (fitness) guilty pleasure songs
Your response and playlist should be posted no later than Monday, October 24th.
Edited by: CRABADA at: 10/17/2011 (23:58)
* At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you.
* I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts.... Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back. ~ Henry Rollins
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.