This salad will taste better with a salad dressing, but I liked the idea of eating raw vegetables as broccoli, cauliflower....
It's very healthy to also eat raw vegetables.
The fruits and nuts were great addition.
The following salad is really yummy with yummy dressing.
WW members whom I gave this recipe, tell me they now make it all the time. Enjoy.
I write a lot, but it takes couple of minutes to make it. Less ingredients. Different salad.
Remember this song?
Oh, what a beautiful morning
Oh, what a beautiful day......
* This salad is so gooooooooooooood. We now eat it every day in addition to another salad (with more vegetables)
* So easy to make.
* Prepared in minutes
* Great for company and of course for you, every day
* Serve in a clear nice bowl to show the beautiful colors
It is from cooking light book called:"The best of Cooking Lighr everyday favorites"
Over 500 of their all-time greatest recipes
2007, Oxmoor house publishing
1. I'm using Earthbound farm organic half and half: Half spring mix and half baby spinach.
It comes in a big plastic container - 1 lb. weight.
2. I do use the walnut oil because the flavor is better. If you change it to olive oil, you'll get milder results.
3. According to Cooking Light nutrition information, each serving is 2 PointsPlus. But because the apple (or pear) are 0 points, I think this salad is only 1 PointPlus per serving
4. I substitute sometimes a pear for the apple. Great taste!
5. I use any sweet apple I like
6. Make your salad your main meal by adding protein to your likening and a stachy vegetable
GREEN SALAD WITH APPLES AND MAPLE-WALNUT DRESSING
Yield 4 serving
1 PointPlus per serving Please read note # 3)
6 cups gourmet salad greens (please read note # 1)
1 cup (2") julienne-cut Braeburn apple. I diced it. (Please read note # 5)
2 tablespoons cider vinegar ( I use apple cider vinegar)
2 tablespoons maple syrup ( the pure one! no imitations)
2 teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard (I didn't use whole grain one. Have to look for it)
1 1/2 teaspoons walnut oil ( I do not sunstitute with olive oil)
1/8 teaspoon salt ( I omit the salt)
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. Combine salad greens and applein a large bowl (a beautiful bowl will make the salad tastes better....smile)
2. Combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to coat.
Yield 4 serving
1 PointPlus per serving (please read note # 3)
Nutrition information per serving
2.2 fat g (sat 0.2 g ,mono 0.5 g, poli 1.3 g)
Protein 1.6 g
Chol 0 mg
Sodium 159 mg
Calc 58 mg
Edited by: PERSISTENCEMIMI at: 9/30/2012 (10:26)
|463 Maintenance Weeks