BEST MEATLOAF EVER
Great for company and for us too, of course!
I always make six one-pound loaves and label and freeze them for us and for company.
6 pounds 85%-15% ground chuck
One large Vedalia onion, or any sweet onion
2 tablespoons olive oil
Fresh garlic, minced, about 10 cloves or less
Ground garlic to taste
One envelope of Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion, recipe soup and dip mix
1 can tomato soup, as is
1 jar Delarosso tomato basil, with pure olive oil and herbs - 24 oz. jar
about 2 - 3 cups of fresh grated parmesan cheese (4 oz??)
Bunch of parsley, rinsed well and chopped fine in the food processor
Tomato ketchup, about one cup PLUS more to just coat on top o the mix in the pans before baking
About half a loaf of Italian bread, sliced, chopped fine in the food processor (fresh bread crumbs)
5 eggs, mix
Salt and pepper to taste
Pre-Hear oven to 350 degrees
1. Saute the onion in olive oil, until tender and gets pale golden color
2. Put onion in a very large bowl and add all the other ingredients, excepet the ketchup that will be spread on top of each loaf before baking. MIX EVERYTHING VERY WELL.
3. Divide the ground chuck mix into six bread loaves.
4. Spread on top a little ketchup
5. Put all six loaves in the pre-heated oven and bake them for onr hour and 20 minutes.Check if ready.
6. Cool, cover each meatloaf with aluminum foil, lable and date. Freeze when totally cool.
|510 Maintenance Weeks