Remember this song?
Oh, what a beautiful morning
Oh, what a beautiful day......
* This salad is so gooooooooooooood. We now eat it almost every day in addition to another salad (with more vegetables)
* So easy to make.
* Prepared in minutes
* Great for company and of course for you, every day
* Serve in a clear nice bowl to show the beautiful colors
It is from cooking light book called:"The best of Cooking Lighr everyday favorites"
Over 500 of their all-time greatest recipes
2007, Oxmoor house publishing
1. I'm using Earthbound farm organic half and half: Half spring mix and half baby spinach.
It comes in a big plastic container - 1 lb. weight.
2. I do use the walnut oil because the flavor is better. If you change it to olive oil, you'll get milder results.
3. According to Cooking Light nutrition information, each serving is 2 PointsPlus. But because the apple (or pear) are 0 points, I think this salad is only 1 PointPlus per serving
4. I substitute sometimes a pear for the apple. Great taste!
5. I use any sweet apple I like
6. Make your salad your main meal by adding protein to your likening and a stachy vegetable
GREEN SALAD WITH APPLES AND MAPLE-WALNUT DRESSING
Yield 4 serving
1 PointPlus per serving Please read note # 3)
6 cups gourmet salad greens (please read note # 1)
1 cup (2") julienne-cut Braeburn apple. I diced it. (Please read note # 5)
2 tablespoons cider vinegar ( I use apple cider vinegar)
2 tablespoons maple syrup ( the pure one! no imitations)
2 teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard (I didn't use whole grain one. Have to look for it)
1 1/2 teaspoons walnut oil ( I do not sunstitute with olive oil)
1/8 teaspoon salt ( I omit the salt)
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. Combine salad greens and applein a large bowl (a beautiful bowl will make the salad tastes better....smile)
2. Combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to coat.
Yield 4 serving
1 PointPlus per serving (please read note # 3)
Nutrition information per serving
2.2 fat g (sat 0.2 g ,mono 0.5 g, poli 1.3 g)
Protein 1.6 g
Chol 0 mg
Sodium 159 mg
Calc 58 mg
Here is the 2nd salad I eat almost every day
I chopp everything in a manual chopper
Olives (it is very inexpensive to buy olives in a mediterranian store, especially if you buy them with the pit, and take the pits out at home. $2.99 per pound, compare to $8.99 per pound. I like black olives)
Mix all and enjoy.
Edited by: PERSISTENCEMIMI at: 3/23/2012 (21:44)
|493 Maintenance Weeks