CABBAGE WITH HONEY
I've tried this new recipe today and it was so delicious! My husband and I loved it! I'll definitely make it very often.
* Tasted wonderful and fills you up
* Filling foods - cabbage and onions
* A way to get my 2 teaspoons of healthy oil a day
* Using only 1 tablespoon of honey. A good healthy sweetener
* Each serving is large (I like to eat lots of volume, but low on calories and fat)
* Ues it as a snack or a side dish. Eat it when you're hungry
* Very low points/calories
* One tablespoon of honey has only 63.8 calories, 0 fat, 0 fiber.
1/4 cup olive oil ( I used ONLY 2 teaspoons)
1 medium white cabbage, chopped fine (I used my hand chopper)
2 onions, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste ( I didn't use any salt and it was great without)
hot Paprika to taste (I used sweet paprika)
1 TBS. honey
1. Heat the oil in a NON-STICK pot (I used my 5 quarts pot).
2. Add the onopns and cabbage. Saute on medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring once in a while.
3. Add salt, pepper and paprika. Continue cooking until the cabbage browns (not burned) and until there are no liquids left, for about 20 minutes (I didn't have any liquids, may be because I used very little oil... I also covered the pot with a lid from time to time and took it off too).
|511 Maintenance Weeks