|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Nap already in today since I woke at 5AM. I find that "nap" revieve me in my recovery.
Printed list as a reminder-suggestions are good for day/ per month. English muffins on my gro list now. Hubbie now grabbing that olive bottle for stirfry.
Barbara in NC
"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
A day without a smile is like a day without sunshine****
♥¸.•*¨)♥ -:¦:- ♥~**♥~.•*´¨ ) ♥
♥Your Sparkfriend Barbara.♥*¨)♥
.•*´¨ )♥ ¸.•*¨) ♥-:¦:- ♥¸.•*¨) ♥
THANK YOU FOR SOME GREAT IDEAS. IT IS AN AREA THAT SOMETIMES I HAVE A PROBLEM GETTING IN DAILY.
ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND ALL!
GOOD HEALTH & HAPPINESS TO YOU ALL, DOT
"THIS IS THE DAY THE LORD HAS MADE. LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD".
Thank you for all the great ideas. I plan on sharing these with some ww friends who have a hard time getting their oils in. I like to make dipping oils and use toasted ww english muffins(1pt.) for a low cal delicious treat!Tastes great and you get your healthy oil in.
Started IP 4/17/14
WK 1 -8.2 wk 13-5
wk 2 -4 wk 14-1
wk 3- 3
wk 4 -3
wk 5- 4
wk 6- 4
wk 7- 5
wk 8- 0
wk 9- 4
"You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love & affection." Buddha
I got my flax oil today by using No. 20 - 2 tblspns in a smoothie. Delicious!
(¸.*♥Maria♥ *´¨) Proud to be a non-smoker since 6th Feb 2008!!
(NEW) STARTING WEIGHT - 01 Jan 2012 - 169.4 lbs
165 lbs - new workout clothes - DONE!
160 lbs - haircut - DONE!
155 lbs - new workout music - DONE!
150 lbs - new jeans
145 lbs is my goal - end July 2014!
What great ideas! This is the one part of WW that i have not paid any attention to...i guess i mistakenly thing that oil=fat=no good and that really isn't the case!
Thank you for posting this...now, off to the nature trails and then to WI!
"A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise!"
~Winnie the Pooh
How to get your healthy oils in?
Healthy oils are: olive oil, canola, sunflower, safflower or flaxseed
1) Cook with it, Alot of recipes start off with oil in the skillet
2) Mix up a marinade for meats and/or veggies
3) Mix it with meat sauces, or most sauces
4) Sautee with it.
5) Drizzle over pasta
6) Drizzle over popcorn
7) Drizzle over veggies
8) Drizzle over pizza
9) Drizzle over corn on the cob
10) Drizzle some over fat free cheese(it helps melt better)
11) Mix up some salad dressing (like olive oil and balsamic vinegar)
12) Rub it on poultry or fish before baking it
13) Rub it on meats for the spices and/or rubs have something to stick to
14) Rub some on a baked potato
15) Grill sandwiches
16) Stry Fry veggies
17) Coat some homemade baked fries
18) Makes garlic toast, (oil and garlic on bread toast)
19) Add some to soups
20) Add some to smoothies
21) Mix 2 tsps olive oil to fat-free salad dressing
22) Add to anything that is fat-free. instead of the fat, you're replacing it with healthy oils
23) Roast veggies with oil
24) Mix conola oil to oatmeal, yogurt, smoothies, soups
25) put some in salsa
26) If you eat frozen dinners, drizzle some over it.
27) make some Herb or Spice Infused Oil, (for dipping or cooking)
28) Mix in some Butter Buds or Molly McButter, You'll have butter flavored oils.
29) mix some in the new PB2 peanut butter flour that alot are trying. (you're replacing the fat with healthy oils)
30) Freeze some olive oil in a small container, put it in the coldest part of your fridge, and then use it as a soft spread.
I'll celebrate 10 years of maintenance on July 2nd, 2014!
Leader of W8watchers superb healthy recipes
|Sweet Potato Orange Soup - Delicious & Nutritious||1/26/2014 5:05:22 PM|
|High Protein Crustless Quiche - Easy to make. Yum!||9/15/2013 7:34:16 PM|
|3 delicious recipes that have been tried||2/27/2014 9:31:52 PM|
|Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls||9/5/2013 7:50:13 PM|
|How Motivated are You Today? Scale from 1-10||6/2/2014 9:57:30 AM|