I brought to the top our fantastic food category called: Fill up to slim down recipes (high Fiber).
There are many recipes there with very high Fiber. Not all have nutrition information.....
Here are three recipes with very high Fiber that I really like:
YES! 24.6 grams of FIBER per individual snack!
I just ate it and it is delicious! and VERY HEALTHY !!!
A great way to get in your dairy, fruit and whole-grains.
1 serving = 5 points
2 servings = 2.5 points each serving
3 grams Fat
24.6 grams FIBER!
CRUNCHY BLACKBERRIES AND YOGURT
1 cup lowfat plain Kefir (2 WW points), or FF plain yogurt (use more yogurt if you want, and adjust the points) 120 calories
1 cup frozen Blackberries (1 point. I buy it in Trader's Joe) 62 calories
1/2 cup Fiber ONE Bran cereal(1 point) 60 calories
Splenda to taste (I like it sweet)
1 TBS. DaVinchi FF syrup, any flavor
Mix all together
14 grams of FIBER in 1/2 cup Fiber ONE bran cereal
7.6 grams of FIBER in 1 cup Blackberries
3 grams of FIBER in 1 cup of plain Kefir Yogurt
TOTAL OF 24.6 grams of FIBER for this snack !!!!!
Almost 100% of your total daily Fiber grams ( 25-30 grams of Fiber per day)
Daily Fiber requirements for Women:
Age 19-50 : 25 grams of Fiber
Age 50 + : 30 grams of Fiber
VEGETARIAN SPLIT PEA SOUP
So delicious! I have made it and it will be a staple in our home. The high Fiber keeps me full for a longer time than usual.
From The wellness Kitchen UC Berkeley
6 servings (1 1/2 cups each serving)
18 grams of FIBER per serving!
5 points per serving (and so worth it!)
1 package(3/4 ounce) dried porcini mushrooms
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 TBS. olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
2 carrots, thinly sliced (I used more carrots)
2 cups (1 pound) dry split peas
3 TBS. tomato paste
1 1/2 tes. smoked liquid seasoning
1 1/2 tsp. salt (or less)
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
6 cups water
1. In a small heatproof bowl,combine the dried mushrooms and boiled water,and let stand for 20 minutesor until softened, reserving the soaking liquid.
Scoop out the dried mushrooms.
2. In a nonstick Dutch oven or large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
Add the onion and the garlic,stirring often,until the onion is golden brown and tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the carrots and cook until tender,about 7 minutes.
Stir in the split peas, tomato paste, liquid smoke, salt, pepper, sage, mushrooms, and their soaking liquid. Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the split peas are tender, about 45 minutes.
4. Optional ( I didn't do it)
Puree the soup in the pan with a hand blender or in batches in the food processor.
3.2 g fat
18 g FIBER
46 g carbs
17 g protein
666 g sodium ( or less, if you use less salt)
My NEW and improved HUGE MEAL or at least 3 SNACKS, OR A GREAT HUGE DESSERT (6 Weight Watchers points total, 370 calories)
Great to eat when you don't have time to cook, and when you want something sweet.
* One envelope Nbisco instant Cream of wheat (90 clatories, 0 fat, 17 g Carbs, 1 g Fiber, 3 g Protein)
* 1 cup vanila soyslender milk (70 calories, 3 g Fat, 4 g Carbs, 3 g Fiber, 6 g Protein)
* 1 cup Trader's Joe frozen very Cherry Berry Blend: Blend of frozen fruits of red rasberrie, blackberries, bluberries and dark sweet cherries. Any frozen or fresh berries will work well. ((90 calories, 0 Fat, 22 g Carbs, 5 g Fiber, 1 g Protein)
* 1/2 cup FF Fage plain yogurt (60 calories, 0 g Fat, 9 g Carbs, 0 g Fiber, 20 g Protein)
* 1/2 cup Fiber One cereal (60 calories, 1 g Fat, 25 g Carbs, 14 g Fiber, 2 g Protein) * Splenda to taste.
(Total 6 points)
Cook the Cream of Wheat with Soyslender Soy milk in the Microwave.
Mix with all other ingredients
Just WONDERFUL , SO FILLING, AND A HUGE AMOUNT TO EAT !!!
TOTAL Nutrition information:
Fat: 4 g
Carbs: 52 g (of the good Carbs)
Fiber: 22 g
Protein: 32 g
Worth all these 6 great points (370 calories)!
All at once You get:
Mmmmmmmmm..... YUM !!!
Edited by: PERSISTENCEMIMI at: 1/18/2008 (17:41)
|492 Maintenance Weeks