|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Great article, I think I will save it.
Sherry (Mama Hawk)
GO WHITE HAWKS
The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.
Jan 1, 2007 295.6
Jan 5, 2007 290.8 --- lost-
January 1, 2007 295.6
February 9, 2007 287.6
Total lost 2007 - 8.0
Thanks I needed to read this bc I didnt know how to reward myself other than food.
.•*´¨ ) ¸.•*¨) -:¦:-
Iowa, on the banks of the Mighty Mississippi!
That which does not kill us, makes us stronger!
Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you....William Arthur Ward
"A man who wants something will find a way, a man who doesn't will find an excuse." ~ www.youravon.com/jmasching
Those are great. Me I just want some "me time" or just be alone time.
Here is another great article
18 Ways to Reward Yourself
When you were a kid, and you did something well, every now and then you got a reward. Motivating, right?
Weight loss is no different. Use that same logic to make your weight-loss journey more pleasant—and your goal more attainable. Set mini-goals, then reward yourself when you meet them.
"If you don't celebrate small, everyday lifestyle changes," says Karen Miller-Kovach, chief scientist at Weight Watchers International, "there will be times when your long-term weight-loss goal seems so far away that you'll despair or be tempted to give up. Having little stops to celebrate along the way makes that journey more pleasant — and your goal more likely to be achieved."
Come up with goals that are unique to you and the challenges you face with weight loss. Keep them realistic and varied, and track them closely. For example, you might make these three goals:
* I will walk 30 minutes five days this week.
* From now on, I will record everything I eat each day (regardless of my food intake).
* I will clean up the kitchen tonight without picking the leftovers off the dinner plates.
Then, when you meet one of your mini-milestones, give yourself a reward! Just like your goals, your rewards should be varied and unique to you. And they don't have to put a dent in your wallet (unless you want them to!).
For $5 or less, why not …
* Sip on a cup of tea in the sun.
* Finish the day with a long, soak in the tub. Everyone loves a good bubble bath once in a while.
* Enjoy a leisurely Sunday morning — take the phone off the hook and spend the morning in your pajamas reading a book or poring over a few magazines.
* Savor a celebratory glass of wine with dinner.
For $10 or less, why not …
* Open a "pamper me" bank account: Deposit $10 for every week you've stuck to your weight-loss plan, or for every pound you've lost.
* Pick up that new book you've had your eye on.
* Download the latest album from your favorite band.
* Buy a relaxation tape and use it daily.
* Share dessert with your partner at a café, or do a little grocery shopping and make one of the delicious, healthy desserts from the WeightWatchers.com Food & Recipes section.
For $20 to $45, why not …
* Pay your neighbor's teenager to do your food shopping for you. Just make a list, then kick back.
* String a hammock up in the backyard and spend an afternoon napping in the sun.
* Phone your distant friends. Choose a time when the phone company has low rates and you can spend hours catching up.
* Get yourself a haircut or a 30-minute massage.
For over $50, why not …
* Devote the entire day to a shopping spree for a new pair of shoes. Athletic shoes, that is, to help you earn activity points.
* Splurge on a bottle of expensive champagne — you deserve it.
* Rent a sailboat with friends and spend the day soaking up ocean breezes.
* Rent a convertible and head for the beach or the mountains for the day.
* Hire a maid for the day — to cook and clean while you lounge around in the hammock you already put up.
|May 2 On Plan/Move JUST FOR TODAY!||5/3/2013 12:22:59 AM|
|June 24 On Plan/Move JUST FOR TODAY!||6/25/2014 12:34:45 PM|
|November 16 On Plan/Move JUST FOR TODAY!||11/15/2013 9:23:03 PM|
|February 9 On Plan/Move JUST FOR TODAY!||2/9/2014 2:01:57 PM|
|May 30 On Plan/Move JUST FOR TODAY!||5/30/2014 11:10:03 AM|