I had 1 cup blubberies (1 point), 1 cup strawberries (1 point) , a large salad with tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and onions (0 points), 1 slice of whole-grain bread (1 point), 1 cup fat free plain fage yogurt(2 points) and coffee, of course, but DECAF (an improvement!)
A HUGE breakfast! I tried to eat breakfast like a queen.
Total: 5 points for a HUGE breakfast
Protein: 20 grams
Fiber: about 10 grams
Here is the bean recipe I mentioned yesterday.
Microwave Thrkey and Three Bran Chili
From a Bean For All Seasons
A Cookbook from the Michigen Bean Commision
1 1/4 cups
22 g protein
31 g carbs ( the good carbs!)
945 mg with canned beans, 593 mg with cooked dry or no salt bean cans
14 g fiber ( I add extra red peppers, so the fiber is higher)
* If you follow the notes below, one cup is only 2 1/2 points.
1. It's a microwave recipe but I prefer to cook it over the stove. I get the onions and peppers to camalized well over the stove.
2. I substitute 1 can of VEGETARIAN BAKED BEANS (with spices and sugar) for one can of beans. A little extra calories and sugar, but the taste is hevenly and it's well worth it!.
3. I like to use two canned ROTEL diced tomatoes and green chilies instead of the canned diced tomatoes AND the salsa.
The combination of the spicy rotel tomatoes and the vegetarians baked beans is wonderful.
4. In addition to one green pepper, I add 5 large red peppers (extra fiber and extra volume without the additional points (calories).
I do the same with the onions. I use 3 HUGE onions instead of one ( I like vidalia onions)
5. I change often the beans I use. My favorite beans are baby butter beans.
INGREDIENTS OF ORIGINAL RECIPE
1 lb ground turkey breast
1 green pepper chopped
1 small onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 jar of salsa (your choice on heat) (16 oz.)
1 can diced tomatoes, no salt added (28 oz.)
2 cups kidney beans, cooked, drained and rinsed (1 can 15-16 oz.)
2 cups black beans, cooked, drained and rinsed (1 can 15-16 oz.)
2 cups navy beans, cooked, drained and rinsed (1 can 15-16 oz.)
2 TBS. flour (I don't use flour in my own recipe)
1-2 teaspoons chili powder, depending on the taste
1-2 teaspoons cumin, depending on the taste (I use 2 TBS. cumin)
Combine ground turkey into 3-quart microwave casserole. Add peppers, onions and garlic. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave on high until turkey is no longer pink (approximately 8 minutes), stirring after 4 minutes. Drain and stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave an additional 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until boiling.
In the 17th century, it was thought that beans possessed magical powers, and were used to cure everything from colds to baldness.
Edited by: PERSISTENCEMIMI at: 6/23/2009 (10:36)
|506 Maintenance Weeks