From a Weight Watchers leader
Let's Get in the Habit:
The Good Health Habit of the week... How about those healthy oils? Remember, you're supposed to include two teaspoons of healthy oils in your diet each day. What are the healthy oils? Olive, Sunflower, Safflower, Canola and Flaxseed. And how can we incorporate them? Check out the list of suggestions below...
1) Cook with it. A lot of recipes start off with oil in the skillet.
2) Mix up a marinade for meats and/or veggies.
3) Mix it with meat sauces, or most sauces.
4) Sautee with it.
5) Drizzle over pasta.
6) Drizzle over popcorn.
7) Drizzle over veggies.
8) Drizzle over pizza.
9) Drizzle over corn on the cob.
10) Drizzle some over fat free cheese(it helps it melt better).
11) Mix up some salad dressing (like olive oil and balsamic vinegar).
12) Rub it on poultry or fish before baking it.
13) Rub it on meats for the spices and/or rubs have something to stick to.
14) Rub some on a baked potato.
15) Grill sandwiches.
16) Stry Fry veggies.
17) Coat some homemade baked fries.
18) Makes garlic toast, (oil and garlic on bread toast).
19) Add some to soups.
20) Mix 2 tsps olive oil to fat-free salad dressing.
21) Add to anything that is fat-free. instead of the fat, you're replacing it with healthy oils.
22) Roast veggies with oil.
23) Mix canola oil to oatmeal, yogurt, smoothies, soups.
24) Put some in salsa.
25) If you eat frozen dinners, drizzle some over it.
26) Make some Herb or Spice Infused Oil, (for dipping or cooking).
Edited by: PERSISTENCEMIMI at: 2/17/2008 (16:14)
|511 Maintenance Weeks