I have a Kindle 3-G and I love it!, I have blogged about it a couple of times so you can read that for my full opinion.
What I like:
1. Entire book shelf in my purse!
2. Doesn't take up any more room on my over flowing "actual" book shelves.
3. The text-to-speech feature!
4. Lots of books for free or very inexpensive.
6. Change font to any size you need it.
7. Built in dictionaries, I look up words all the time that I probably wouldn't have bothered to before.
8. I have no actual proof but it seems to be less stressful to my eyes than a regular book, possibly because it is less contrast on the page. Black letters on a gray background as apposed to a white background.
I really have read A LOT more since I got my Kindle, it's always there with my favorite books anytime I have a spare minute. I no longer have to drag around my great-big-bag-O-books everytime I go somewhere. It really is a space issue for me. I love buying new books but I was seriously running out of room to store them.
One draw back for me is not being about to share. Some books can be "lent", but I have yet to figure out how to do it and they can only be shared once. Other than that it is something I am really glad I invested in.
I would definately recommend the Kindle to anyone who is thinkiing of getting an e-reader. But be sure and get the one with 3-G, that way you can shop ANYWHERE! It's awsome and worth the extra money.
Barbara from Texas
My candle burns at both ends
it will not last the night
But ah my friends and oh my foes
it gives a lovely light!
Edna St. Vincent Milay
Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
or do without!
New England Maxim
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and demand chocolate!!!
| current weight: 148.8