We all have our bad habits we would like to get rid of. I know I do! Sometimes yoy don't even know your saying or doing something that is a habit. You really have to keep you eyes open because habits are something you have to work on.
Some of my bad habits are saying the word I CAN'T a lot. It's just a habit I don't even know where I picked it up? Another bad habit I have is keeping my not keeping my mouth shut. I get into so much trouble looking to start an argument. When I really don't mean to do it. Other people get upset with you when I should be minding my own business.
What are some of your BAD HABITS?
current weight: 170.5
Fitness Minutes: (0) Posts: 525 5/7/12 3:47 P
HERE ARE SOME SIMPLE QUESTIONS YOU CAN ASK YOURSELF THAT WILL HELP YOU DETERMINE HOW LARGE A ROLE THIS MYTH MAY HAVE BEEN PLAYING IN YOUR LIFE.
A MYTH- Something we believe in. We think it's the truth but it's not!. So we go on living believing in the Myth as the truth.
THE MAGIC GLASSES- When you put on these special glasses of truth. You will see the real truth not a Myth you were believing in.
HERE ARE SOME OFTHE MYTHS IN YOUR LIFE THAT YOU ACCEPT AS TRUTH! But are they really the truth????
1. How many times a day do you become upset?
2. How often do you notice yourself getting angry?
3. How often to you find it necessary to raise your voice or yell at someone for any reason?
4. How many times a day to you smile?
5. How many times a day to you laugh out loud?
6. How often do you say something to someone else that you later wish you had not said?
7. How often do you get upset about something you can do nothing about?
8. How often do you verbally complain about something just to get it off your chest?
9. How often do you find yourself defending your right to be in a bad mood?
10. How often do you start an argument?
11. How often do your feel depressed?
You, will have to be the judge of how much of this Myth you let in your life. You, of course are the only one who can do something about it. For the moment, having to be UPSET is almost always a Myth (not true). We know know it dosen't have to be that way. We have the ability to PUT ON THOSE SPECIAL GLASSES & SEE THE TRUTH.
current weight: 170.5
Fitness Minutes: (0) Posts: 525 5/7/12 2:50 P
1. Some people seem to be MASTERS at always finding something to get them upset or make them angry. These people have perfected the art of being down in the mouth, or unhappy most of the time. Because they are so good at it, they are like carriers of an illness that soon spread to others.
2. People often react to negativity with negativity & the result is that anger creates anger, frustration begrets frustration, and what started as one PERSON'S HABIT of easily becoming upset soon spreads throughout the family or those in a nearby office,
3. Some people have gotten so good at being upset with something so much of the time instead of lines of laughter in their faces we see the furrows of frowns.
4. Others live their lives at a lessor extreme. They are those who are not upset about something all the time....just part of the time.
5. Then their is that group of individuals who have it all figured out. And very seldom allow their emotions or their temper to take control of them. These are people who have gotten in touch with the better part of themselves & have learned that happiness & peace of mind are up to the individual.
current weight: 170.5
Fitness Minutes: (0) Posts: 525 5/6/12 6:08 P
Did you know that BEING UPSET IS A BAD HABIT? We all get upset from time to time about things not going right. Someone comes home late. We're frustrated about the problems we face. Our car dosen't start, we forgot to mail something important, we forget our dentist appointment. Is this Natural to be this way? No it's not & we don't need to be this way either it's a BAD HABIT we need to get rid of!
Many of us have convinced ourselves that being angry, upset, aggravated or ill-tempered is a Natural way to be. These EMOTIONS are usually unneccessary & just plain unhealthly. Both physically unhealthly & mentally unhealthly.
HOW TO GET RID OF OUR BAD HABIT OF BEING UPSET!
None of us were born to be automatically irritrated by the world around us. Instead of letting those negative emotions have free reign even now & then. We need to replace those emotions with better emotions and attitudes. Like joy, peace of mind, contentment, happiness, understanding, tolerance, perserverance & optimism.
For every moment we spend BEING UPSET about something we would not have to be upset about. We are losing a part of us. We are throwing away another moment, minute, or hour which we could have gained control of our own thoughts & feelings A time when we could have easily excelled in LIVING instead of making ourselves feel we are losing AT LIVING.
When we tend to be in a bad mood, being down, complaining just for the sake of complainiing, finding things to gripe about, getting frustrated by things we can do nothing about these are all HABITS we picked up from our childhood. We don't need to be this way!
FINDING OUR INNER YOUTH (to be younger)
To find your INNER YOUTH the kind of feelings you had when you were young. Do you remember them how you used to feel about things. Get excited about a Birthday Party, Somewhere where you were going, to find all those presents under the Christmas Tree. You still have that same Joy inside yourself. You have to let it out & let yourself feel that Joy back into your life again.
Create more joy in your life. Learn to play again. Always have something to look forward to. Put laughter back in your life. Smile more! Spend time with people who are truly alive & happy! Do something different. Enrich your life with a sense of humor. Always keep an open mind. Create more joy more often in your life.
Why would anyone want to cause problems for himself? Why would you want to make yourself feel down, miserable, angry, upset & eventually less healthy? It's a very unhealthy BAD HABIT we need to get rid of!
If anyone is interested in learning more about How to get your Fountain of Youth inside youself. Get the book Finding the Fountain of Youth inside yourself by Shad Helmstetter. It will change your life. You can get in on Amazon.com at a reasonable price that is where I got my book from. It's wonderful stuff!
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.