1) Provides care to patients with partial or total absence of limb by planning fabrication of, writing specifications for, and fitting prosthesis under guidance of and in consultation with physician: Assists physician in formulation of prescription.
2) Examines and evaluates patient's prosthetic needs in relation to disease entity and functional loss.
3) Formulates design of prosthesis and selects materials and components.
4) Makes casts, measurements, and model modifications.
5) Performs fitting, including static and dynamic alignments.
6) Evaluates prosthesis on patient and makes adjustments to assure fit, function, comfort, and quality.
7) Instructs patient in prosthesis use.
8) Maintains patient records.
9) May supervise PROSTHETICS ASSISTANTS and other personnel.
10) May supervise laboratory activities relating to development of prosthesis.
11) May lecture and demonstrate to colleagues and other professionals concerned with practice of prosthetics.
12) May participate in research.
13) May also perform functions of ORTHOTIST.
The picture below was taken in 2010.
| current weight: 231.0