3 Steps to Incredible Health Outline My notes from the book by the same name.
My materials came with 3 books and 6 DVDs.
For the eating plan, 3 levels are designated. Level 3 is for you if you have a lot of weight to lose, have major health problems (think diabetes, heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis), or have difficulty losing weight.
ALL levels include daily:
1. a large salad- 5 ounces of greens, 12 oz. other raw veg
2. 1/2 c legumes in soup, salad, . .
3. minimum of 3-4 fresh fruits, Try to eat berries or other high nutrient fruits daily
4. minimum of 1 ounce raw nuts and seeds, preferably in dressings and dips used on salads and for raw veggie dippers.
5. minimum of double sized serving of steamed green vegetables
6. NO barbequed, processed, and cured meats
7. NO red meat
8. NO fried foods
9. NO full-fat dairy (cheese, ice cream, butter, whole milk, 2 % milk)
10. No trans fat (margarine)
11. NO soft drinks, sugar, and artificial sweeteners.
12. NO white flour products
13. Consume processed foods only rarely.
14. Use green smoothies, fresh veg juice, healthful soups, and lots of greens and raw veg.
1. 2 servings /week or less
2. 2 servings / DAY or less Whole Grain products and starchy vegetables
Only use whole grains: cooked and dry cereals, bread, tortillas, pasta, and brown rice.
Starchy veg means corn, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, and parsnips
3. 900 mg sodium per day counting natural sodium in food, and what is added in processed foods.
4 minimal fats/oils (level 2 allottment is 1 T, so level 3 should be less than that)
5. Beverages: water, fresh-squeezed juice, herbal tea, vegetable juices
1. Eat a salad or raw veg with homemade healthy dip to start both lunch and dinner
an example was given to have a salad for lunch and raw veg with nut or seed based dip for dinner. Starting the meal with the raw veg was the important part, along with getting in at least 5 ounces of raw greens daily.
2. Keep lots of frozen fruits and veg in the home.
3. Keep lots of prewashed fresh foods so they are ready to go.
4. Have cooked greens or soups with greens at every lunch and dinner.
5. Don't eat after 8:00
6. Have a fruit sorbet or fruit dessert after dinner, clean the kitchen, clean your teeth, and end eating for the day.
7. Choose higher nutrient dense foods: raw and cooked veg. and fresh fruit; and smaller amounts of animal products, baked goods, oils, and prepared sweets.
All raw veg
Green Cooked veg: brussels sprouts, kale, collards, bok choy, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, swiss chard, asparagus, string beans
non-green low calorie cooked veg: cauliflower, carrots, eggplant, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, peppers, beets
Berries, melons, oranges, apples, cherries, pineapple, pears, grapes . . .
Beans: lentils, split peas, black beans, kidney beans, adzuki beans, chic peas, bean sprouts, edamame
He has developed a series of exercises to help you ease into the program if you feel you need to do that. I believe the exercises might be helpful to you whether you are beginning the 6 week ETL plan or considering the 3 STEPS Plan.
I'm going to start a series of Topics called 3 STEPS: Exercise ______. I'm thinking s
Edited by: BRAVELUTE at: 7/6/2013 (20:37)
| current weight: 168.0