Italian Braised Steak
This is a great recipe that older kids can make on evenings when they're on their own, and it's easy to double or triple it when you're cooking for a crowd.
* 4 (4-ounce) lean tenderized minute or cube steaks
* 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Tomato Soup
* 1/4 cup Kraft Fat Free Italian Dressing
1. In a large skillet sprayed with olive oil-flavored cooking spray, brown meat 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
2. In a medium bowl, combine tomato soup and Italian dressing. Spoon soup mixture evenly over meat.
3. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until meat is tender.
4. When serving, evenly spoon sauce over meat.
Calories: 203 Fat: 7g Carbs: 10g Protein: 25g Fiber: 0g Sodium: 440mg
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright (c) 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.