CONFETTI COTTAGE SALAD
Kelly T. of La Parte, Indiana suggests, "This pretty salad is a snap to fix and has a pleasant crunch."
* 1 carton (24 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
* 1 large tomato, diced
* 1 cup diced cucumber
* 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
* 1 small sweet yellow pepper, diced
* 2 green onions with tops, sliced
* 1/3 cup sunflower kernels, toasted
In a bowl, combine all ingredients; toss lightly. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with fat-free cottage cheese and unsalted sunflower kernels) equals 102 calories, 305 mg sodium, 7 mg cholesterol, 7 gm carbohydrate, 11 gm protein, 3 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 lean meat.
Ann in San Diego
| current weight: 0.0 under