|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Spicy Fruit Loaf:
1 cup chopped mixed dried fruit
1 Tbsp. plus 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
3/4 Cup Whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. each Gr, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, & salt
2/3 Cup packed Light Brown sugar
1-1/2 Cups bran flakes (cereal)
4 Large egg whites
1/2 Cup Low fat buttermilk
1 packet butter-buds
3/4 Cup skim milk
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350, and coat 9x5x3-inch non-stick loaf pan with spray coating.
2. In small bowl toss dried fruit with 1 Tbsp. flour
3. Into large bowl stir together 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, also the whole wheat flour, baking powder, butter buds, and
spices. Add the sugar and cereal.
4. In a large bowl beat egg whites until foamy, stir in buttermilk and skim milk.
5. Stir liquid ingredients into flour mixture until just moistened - fold in dried fruit, then scrape mixture into the
6. Bake 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center of pan comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15
minutes, then remove from pan and cool on rack completely.
Yield = 16 slices - 120 calories
HE = 1/2 Bread, 1 slider, 10 optional calories