Rosemary Chicken Panini
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
4 (4oz.) chicken cutlets
1/4 cup. chopped sun dried tomatoes
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
8 garlic cloves
1 (6oz) package of spinach
3/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp pepper
8 slices of bread
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Combine 2 tsp. olive oil, rosemary and chicken in a large zip lock bag. seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 4 tsp oil to pan. Add sun dried tomatoes, red pepper, and garlic; saute 1 min. or until garlic begins to brown. Add spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach barely wilts. Stir in 1/8 tsp salt; set aside.
3. Heat a grill pan over medium high heat' coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 salt and pepper. cook chicken 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep pan on medium-high heat.
4. Top each of 4 bread slices with 1 tbsp cheese, 1 chicken cutlet, one quarter of spinach mixture, 1 additional tbsp cheese and remaining 4 bread slices.
5. Recoat grill pan with cooking spray. Arrange 2 sandwiches in pan. Place a cast Iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwiches; press gently to flatten. Cook 4 minutes on each side (leave skillet on sandwiches while they cook). Repeat procedure with remaining 2 sandwiches. Cut each sandwich in half; serve immediately.
So, I am one to play with the ingredients and also known for not always reading the instructions until I start cooking. :) With that said, I did not marinate the chicken. Second, I did not have cutlets so I used two chicken breast that I pounded flat to make the 4 sandwiches. I didn't have sundried tomatoes (even though I love them and think it would have provided more flavor to the sandwich) so I cut up grape tomatoes into strips. Since I am trying to get my daughters and husband to eat it, I only used 4 garlic cloves and a big handful of spinach instead of the whole bag. It calls for fancy Italian bread but I just used what bread we had on hand and put it in the sandwich maker we have. :)
| March Minutes: 10