We have 20 days until Valentine's Day, and this being the Married Life Team, I thought we could incorporate both our married life and our physical health into a challenge for those 20 days.
To improve our physical health, anyone participating in this challenge needs to pick two items and work on them for the next 20 days. If you cannot think of anything to work on, here are some suggestions:
* drinking more water every day (up to 8 glasses or more)
* exercising for at least 15 minutes daily
* strength training (3 exercises 2-3 times a week)
* getting enough sleep (7-8 hours per night)
* taking time for YOU (doing something you enjoy - 15 minutes per day)
* eating more fruits/vegetables
* eating more whole grains
* eating less sodium
* getting in the right amount of nutrients that you usually struggle with (for example, protein)
Pick two things to do for or with your spouse every day for the next 20 days.
1. write your spouse a love letter
2. give your spouse a back rub
3. engage in an outdoor activity together (walk, sporting activity, snowball fight, etc.)
4. do something around the house or yard that he or she would normally do
5. compliment your spouse sincerely, honestly, and positively about something they do well
6. engage in an indoor activity together (board game, watching a movie together, etc.)
7. give your spouse a gift that you made (card, knick-knack, knitted sweater, whatever)
8. have a no TV evening and play cards, sit and talk, listen to music together instead
9. find a book you both think you'll enjoy and take turns reading it aloud to each other
10. do something to make your spouse's job/day easier
11. make your spouse's favourite healthy meal or snack for them
12. pray for your spouse (or, if that is not part of your belief system - send positive thoughts of some kind to them)
13. buy something for your spouse (has to cost less than $5.00)
14. engage in an intimate activity with your spouse
15. encourage your spouse in some aspect of a healthy lifestyle
16. make up a sexy story together - one starts, the other continues, the first continues, etc. Act it out when you are finished!
17. phone your spouse (or email) to tell them you love them
18. buy new underclothes and model them for your spouse
19. dance together in the livingroom
20. give each other "me time" to do something you enjoy - take the kids to the park or a movie or offer to do the supper cleanup or laundry so he or she can spend time on a hobby or go to the gym, etc. A happy spouse is a loving, attentive spouse!
21. look at the stars together
22. light candles all over the room and just sit and watch the flickering light together
23. leave little notes around the house for your spouse to find throughout the day
24. hold hands whenever you are together today
25. whisper sweet nothings in each other's ears
26. spend time just kissing like you used to
27. feed each other something sensual like ripe fruit
Post in here, telling us the 2 ML things you will be doing, and which physical health things you will be focusing on.
Keep track and update your original post as the days go by.
Any member who stays with the challenge until the end will earn a goodie!
Edited by: CJBAGGINS at: 1/24/2011 (23:07)
The smallest good deed is better than the grandest intention.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
| current weight: 139.4