2/27" Dr. Oz Exposes the Top 5 Diet-Destroying Myths
Could the diet you're on right now be full of lies and misinformation that are making you pack on the pounds? Many of the things you've been taught about dieting may be stopping you from reaching your ideal weight. On today's show, Dr. Oz reveals the shocking truth about the dieting tips you swear by"....from Dr Oz enewsletter
5 diet myths makeing you gain weight. www.doctoroz.com/videos/5-diet-myths-makin
1. Diet Soda. Has artificial sweeteners. You turn on part of your brain. It ups your sweet tooth. Real foods work better....lemon juice and seltzer water.
2. More calories you cut, the more weight you'll lose....myth is calories in calories out. If you try to lose more than 500 calories, your body goes into starvation move and slow metabolism down.
3. Never eat pasta cause it make you pack on pounds. Carbs can be a problem.. But it's not the pasta making you fat. Consider serving size; we are eating a lot more of pasta and other things than we think. Then we add on sauce, cheese, etc. It piles up. Correct amount of pasta on plate should be aok sign. Then add little olive oil and little salt.
4. Never eat after 8 makes you gain weight. Average woman should eat about 1800 calories a day. The reality is if you 've had your calorie amount by 8 pm, don't eat any more.
5. Reduced fat foods helping you lose weight is a myth. Check your labels and see the amount of calories or carbs. Low fat may be worse....check your labels.
Eating fat makes you fat is a myth. What is the best fat to eat?
Rice Bran oil. Use cold pressed. Marinades, stir fry, baking, etc.
Health for your dog from Dr Oz pet.com/pet-health-center. Teeth health. www.doctoroz.com/pet-health-center?hs317=b
Best fats for cooking www.doctoroz.com/videos/best-cooking-oils
Newest superfoods for you.
1. Deal with age damaged skin. Black garlic.
2. Deal with crows feet. Jicama
3. Deal with dark circles under eyes. Need more iron in body. Jerusalem artichokes.
4. Pursalane is good for heart and stoke.
5. Deal with arteries eat sunflower seed butter. www.doctoroz.com/videos/anti-aging-foods-c
Edited by: EGRAMMY at: 2/27/2012 (16:53)
CHECK OUT THESE TEAMS: Dr. Oz Show Fans teams.sparkpeople.com/DrOzSho
I have no medical knowledge and not a trained counselor. Please seek professional advice about treatment options.
| Pounds lost: 3.0