It's a little quiet in this group... So I thought I might start an inspiration thread. What are some great ways to be active in Toronto beyond the gym? Bonus points for things that are free, cheap, unique, or something you can do with kids!
Here are some of my ideas:
- Cycling in the Don
- Walk a municipal golf course, bonus if you carry your clubs
- Toronto Islands - walk, cycle, canoe
- Explore new neighborhoods on foot - take the subway and walk through places you haven't been, like the Junction, Bloor West Village, Roncesvalles, Greek Town, Little Italy, UofT, the Portlands... Toronto is such a walkable city!
- Rollerblade on the waterfront trail
- Go skating at one of the many free outdoor rinks in the city
- Go swimming at the YMCA - the first time you go is free, and day passes are available for $10. The vaulted ceiling at Metro Central is supposed to be well worth the price of admission.
- Go to the zoo, it's a great place to walk around.
- Hike the Bruce Trail
- Go surfing on the lake. (really!) Or try Stand-Up Paddle-boarding (SUP Boarding, for short.)
- Hike the Rouge Valley
- Have a handheld GPS? Go geocaching!
Your body is a machine, give it the fuel it needs:
*Eat before you're hungry, drink before you're thirsty. The machine works better when it's well primed.
*Plan ahead. You wouldn't drive through the desert on a quarter-tank of gas, would you?
*Quality in, quality out. Proper nutrition will help you get maximum benefit from your workout.
| current weight: 175.0