Either y'all are shy or you don't want me to know your weight-loss secrets!
I had made a plan to NOT eat out last weekend. Then my pregnant daughter called and wanted to do a family dinner at the Olive Garden on Saturday night. What could I say...she is 9 months pregnant with my granddaughter, people!!!
Here's what I did...and I was only up a half pound the next morning.
1. I looked at their menu on-line and the SP calorie counts for Olive Garden food. I had my food choices pretty much figured out before I got to the restaurant.
2. I asked for a salad with no salad dressing, no cheese, and no olives (olives themselves are not a problem, they are just very salty). I took my own bottle of Wishbone Italian salad spritzer in my purse. (Large purses come in handy.)
3. I did not eat any of the appetizers that others ordered, NOR any pre-meal breadsticks.
4. I ordered one of their "light fare" entrées and asked for whole wheat pasta. I ate only half and took the rest home for lunch the next day (a very hard thing for me to do). I like to be a good girl and clean my plate.
5. I ate one breadstick with my meal, very slowly and enjoyed every bite!
That's it! It worked. I even ate air popped popcorn later in the evening. It's all logged in my food tracker. The only thing I would do differently the next time is ask for the sauce separate from the pasta. They add way too much sauce, in my opinion.
Where do YOU go when you eat out? How do you handle it so you don't gain weight?
Maintaining 60 pounds lost with Sparkpeople for 5 years!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that
the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
| current weight: 133.5