Add Foods to Your Favorites Make your nutrition tracking easier by adding foods to your favorites list. This saves time and eliminates your need to "search" each time you want to add a food.
Next time you're adding foods to your Food Tracker, follow these steps to add them to your Favorites list.
1. Click the "Add a Food" button.
2. Search for the food you want and choose the closest match, along with serving size.
3. BEFORE you click "Add Food," check the box that says "Add this Food to My Favorites."
4. Click "Add Food to Today" to add the food to your tracker. When doing so, it will automatically be added to your Favorites list for easy tracking next time.
Next time you want to add a food from your Favorites list to your Tracker, simply open the "Add a Food" window. At the very top, select the tab that says "Favorites" to select the food from your dropdown list. Then, add it to your tracker, just like you would any other food. It's that simple!
This is a great reminder. I've really been taking advantage of Food Groupings lately to track.
Another great way to create a food grouping of a meal or snack that you commonly eat is to pretend you are going to copy the meal (after it is entered) to another day. When the little calender comes up, at the bottom it says "Do you want to make this a Food Grouping" (or words to that effect). I click on that and just give the new food grouping a name.
I think that method of making a food grouping might be a new feature in SparkPeople...I just noticed it for the first time a few weeks ago....but then, again, I hadn't been tracking my food for about six months...but that's another story altogether.
Create Food Groupings for Easier Tracking Do you eat the same set of foods for breakfast each day, such as cereal, milk and a banana? Then you can "group" these foods together so that you can add them to your Food Tracker more easily. Here's how.
1. Click the "myNutrition" tab at the top of your Start page (under the "My Tools" tab) to go to your Food Tracker.
2. Click the "Add a Food" button.
3. Click on the "Food Groupings" tab at the top.
4. Click "Create New Food Grouping."
5. Click "Add Food" to choose your first item in the Food Grouping.
6. Search for the food you want and choose the closest match, along with serving size.
7. Click "Add Food" to add it to your new grouping.
8. Do this for every food in your grouping.
9. When your Food Grouping is complete, click "Finished," then click "Next."
10. Name your Food Grouping so you can easily find it later and click "Save Food Grouping."
Next time you want to add this Food Grouping to your Tracker, simply open the "Add a Food" window. At the very top, select the tab that says "Food Groupings" to select the grouping to add to your tracker, just like you would any other food. It's that simple!
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.