|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
These are GREAT everyone! Way to look ahead to a brand-new year! I encourage you to stick with and use this team to help you do so. I'm pulling together ideas for our next Team Challenge now... right now posting in the Holiday Challenge thread, but will start a new thread soon!
Thinking about doing one in association with the Spark Your Body Bootcamp Challenge... see here:
so far my 2010 goals are:
-weigh 120s by may 26
-move to phoenix, arizona on january 10 or 23
-get out of the fast food business...lol...and find an office job
HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER: 194 IBS ON September 23, 2013
LOWEST WEIGHT SINCE WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY BEGAN IN 2002/2003: 150'S
CURRENT WEIGHT: 194 ibs as of September 23, 2013
Great topic, and great goals. I know I have an overall goal in mind, but it's true that we also have to set more short term ones, as well to help motivate us in the meantime. This is something I am definately going to ponder and make some of my own short term goals!
"Start where you are."
Steven Gurgevich, PhD. in "The Self-Hypnosis Diet"
My goals for 2010 to is to workout 5 times a week...also try to stay on track better...Also reach my goal weight...
Edited by: CHIALEKS2813 at: 12/9/2009 (22:11)
~ Chi Aleks ~
I make smoothies for breakfast, usually soy milk, weight loss shake powder (I use Herbalife because it's what my dad uses, but I don't know if they distribute to Australia), and ice. Then I either add in fruit (if I have something good), instant coffee, fiber powder, or a little peanut butter (if I'm really hungry), and blend it until the ice cubes are chopped up. It's not that I'm not hungry in the morning, I just don't feel like eating.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Join me in the DDR and PIU Lovers SparkTeam! www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_i
I know that weighing my food in the beginning was really important to learning what is the right portion size. It was a real eye opener. I bought a great digital scale and two years later still use it every once in a while. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
Progress not perfection is the key to living every day to its fullest!!!
Time Zone EST
I think its a bit late now to add my "holiday season" goals, but for the first part of 2010 (up to march, which is my goal date for my weight loss):
1) Try to actually make it to the gym the three days I have planned. I have a bad habit of skipping the gym for a week, then making it up by going 4-5 days the next week. I need to be more consistent.
2) Eat three whole meals. I never feel like eating in the morning, so I usually skip breakfast. This has the downside of overeating at lunch or dinner.
3) Use proper portions. I'm a big eater, which is half my problem with my weight gain. I need to get back down to healthy portions.
4) Get back into my study of herbal medicine. I am not doing a qualification in it, its sheerly for personal use, but we tend to prefer natural remedies over chemicals. Its one of those topics you never stop learning.
5) Fit into size 12 pants! I'm currently a size 16, and have bought a pair of jeans in a size 12. They are sitting in my wardrobe, waiting for the glorious day I can fit them!
When life hands you lemons...throw them back and say "I don't want your stinking lemons!"