Step 8 - I make a list of persons that I have harmed and become willing to make amends to them all
• How have you hurt yourself by practicing your addiction?
• What important relationships did you destroy or damage because of your addictive behaviors?
• How much time and energy have you lost from your addictive behaviors? What do you think you would have done or become had it not been for your addictive behaviors?
• Make a list of all those that you have possibly harmed by your addictive behaviors. List the effect on them as individuals and on your relationship.
• Take the list of people that you have harmed and make a list of possible amends for each one of them.
• From the list of possible amends, choose the ones that seem most appropriate, and mark them according to level of difficulty.
• What consequences do you fear in making amends? What is the worst thing that can happen? What is the best thing that can happen? What is likely to happen?
• Do you feel angry or resentful towards any people on your amends list? If so, write them a letter of anger, but don't send it to them. Describe here any other ways that you have used to get rid of the anger and resentment towards anyone on your list.
• Describe any dreams that relate to making amends to others.
"It's ridiculous to harshly condemn others and to stand over them as if your life is perfect. God is the only judge with clean hands. The rest of us are dirty people, pointing each other to the shower." - Trip Lee
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.