Step 3 - I make a decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of God as I understand God
• What are your greatest fears about giving up control over your life to God as you understand God?
• What things, people or circumstances have you tried to control in the past and how has that turned out? Do you think that God will be able to handle your life better than you have?
• How do you feel in general about turning your life over to God?
• In what ways will you keep up the process of turning your life over to God? Possibilities include going to religious services, 12 Step meetings, meeting with others in recovery, writing a journal, service to others, meditation, reading, physical exercise, contacting your sponsor or engaging in therapy.
• How would you answer the question "Who am I"?
• How would you answer the question "Who is God"? In other words, describe God as you understand God.
• Describe who or what you trust and to what degree.
• In what do you find meaning now or think that you can find meaning in the future?
• How do you think that you should live your life after giving your life over to the care of God as you understand God? What changes do you expect to make and how will this look in specific detail?
• How do you plan to celebrate or honor this step of turning your life over to the care of God?
• Describe any celebration or honoring activity that you have actually made in turning your life over to the care of God.
"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try"
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.