Our team member Melissa(Lturtle) suggested we have a blog for all team members to write about different health and weight loss topics. You can share why you started this journey, what motivates you, an exercise you have found that is fun and works well, or just whatever you think might help another teammate along their journey.
It would be great to hear all the stories of why we joined the spark when we did. It seems a lot of us on the team are getting back on track and refocused this year, and I think knowing you have someone supporting you along the way is one of the best motivators to keep it up.
To start off this blog I am going to post an email I received with tips to staying on track:
1. Drink Plenty of water or other calorie free beverages
2. Be choosy about nighttime snacks - be sure it is a low calorie snack after dinner if you need one
3. Enjoy your favorite foods - just remember to have them in moderation
4. Eat several mini-meals during the day
5. Eat protein at every meal
6. Spice it up - "food that is loaded with flavor will stimulate your taste buds and be more satisfying"
7. Stock your kitchen with healthy convenient foods
8. Order children's portions at restaurants
9. Swap a cup of pasta for a cup of vegetables
10. Always eat breakfast
11. Include fiber in your diet
12. Clean the cupboards of fattening foods
13. Lose the weight slowly
14. Weigh yourself once a week
15. Get enough sleep
16. Understand portion sizes
17. Eat more fruits and vegetables
18. Limit alcohol to weekends
19. Chew sugarless gum
20. Keep a food diary
21. Celebrate success(but not with food)
22. Get help from family and friends - all of your friends on spark are there for you!
| current weight: 225.3