Things I do:
* Exercise in a hot (physical therapy) pool 3 times a week. Cardio and strengthening as long as I go on schedule. Without this pool? I have trouble functioning. It is not just something I do; it is heavenly!
* Drink water 20 minutes before cooking and/or before eating a meal.
* Shop for groceries in the perimeter, only getting certain things from the aisles of canned and packaged foods. Examples? Quinoa, brown rice, packaged and canned beans of varieties...
* Measure and log my food intake.
* Daily flexible routine of stretches and floor exercises for a minimum of 15 minutes...no matter how I feel. (have fibromyalgia, so this is a biggie)
* Walk!! If I can't get outdoors for a walk, I walk in circles around my home.
* WEAR A PEDOMETER ALL THE TIME!!! As you can tell, this is important to me. My pedometer is a true measure of my activity level.
* Do exercises with the Wii Fit Plus Program at least 4 days a week, doing various exercises but whatever other ones I do I spend a minimum of 12 minutes on cardio exercises.
* Listen to peppy music while doing housework and adding stretches as I move around performing the chores.
For my health:
* Periodically consult an RD (dietician) about my progress; used to go weekly for two years. This is all about my health.
* Regular doctor visits, lab tests.
* Make sure I spend at least 10 minutes every few hours just relaxing. I pace my physical movements so that I am active AND rest in a way that doesn't tire me out or make my muscles too underused. (this is a physical therapy mandate)
* I smile. Yes, plain and simple but necessary for health. Try it. Look in a mirror at yourself...and smile. Very healthy 'exercise'!
Edited by: SAM60SUMTHINK at: 6/10/2011 (18:42)