Some of you follow my blogs and others do not. For those who do you will already know that I will be going on a partial SparkBreak very soon. Because I will not be doing challenges for a couple of weeks, I want you to know why. Here is most of the blog that I wrote yesterday.
I have signed up for a Virtual 5K WALK for women over 46 years old and during the week of June 26-July 2. I will actually be walking the 5K on July 2 with others here at the hospital. I have begun a SparkPeople 5K Walking Training Program. This afternoon I will walk 1 1/2 mile as part of the program.
I have not been on track for exercising but I know that this 5K Walk preparation will get me back on track. About eating. I'm not on track for that at all.
I've got a lot "on my plate" right now and I'm not talking food.
1. I am the hospital bookkeeper and May is the last month of the fiscal year. Most of my part of the bookkeeping and closing out the finance year will be from now until about 2-3 weeks into June. This is be a busy time.
2. It is the end of the Academic year. On Monday I have a "graduation" day for two of the Midwifery students. I'm also teaching the last three weeks in the Nursing School, that trimester ending with my exam on June 9th. I'm teaching for someone else so I'm teaching material that I don't know very well so need to study it before each class.
3. Summer is COOL season here on the equator and this is the time I need to sort (and get rid of some) "junk" in the attic. I have lots of sorting to do in June and July because I'll be in the States in August...and then it gets hot again here. Anyone for a Garage sale?
Well, you get the picture! I could on and I'm sure that others have long "to do" lists.
Here's my plan:
1. Finish out the challenges that I'm doing this week with the Slowest Loser's team. DONE.
2. Start some June Challenges for people to join, such as the monthly "Pounds or Inches" challenge. THEN........
3. Do much less Sparking in June, until I can get my other work done and back on track exercise wise and food wise. I like to cheer others on but need to take care of myself for a bit. I plan to do minimal Sparking but I will not be on the message boards much at all until I can get myself back on track.
4. During a couple of weeks you will not be able to see my SparkPage, BUT you will be able to see my SparkProfile. A SparkProfile is everything that I have written on the right side of my SparkPage. I'll keep my Profile updated. This will only be for a short time and then my SparkPage will be back up. Oh, I have just updated my page so you might want to take a peak while you can. :=)
5. I'll still be doing SparkMail so I will be able to be contacted (and encouraged) that way.
6. I will not be going away.... I'll just be stepping back a bit so I can get other things done. I'll still be on SP every day. I'll be back in full force after a couple of weeks.
Thanks for understanding.
Anyone who wants to start Challenges in this forum, please feel free to do so!!
I'll be back MID JUNE !!