1. Plan meals for the week. This one will be tough for me, mostly because I love being spontaneous. I guess I can compromise and purchase ingredients for a week's worth of meals and then choose each day as I go. That still counts, right?
2. Clean out and organize pantry. The rest of my kitchen and fridge/freezer is fine. Pantry is a nightmare.
3. I (or my husband) already cook dinner most days of the week so I will focus on finding and trying new healthy recipes.
4. This one is a longer term goal: Get my husband to eat healthier. The only veg he will eat are peas and corn. He will eat limited other vegetables if they are cooked into a dish, but they have to be tiny pieces. He's like a 6-year-old! And skinny. Most of the time, we cook a protein and a grain and then I make veg separately. Stir fry, veggie bake, fajitas, it's all out.
5. I think I will make some of these things my husband won't eat on the weekend and freeze for my lunches. I've been eating variations on sandwiches for quite a while so I think it's time to mix it up.
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨) ¸.·*)
(¸.*~*Melissa in Kansas
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. ~Confucious