I know this is an old thread but I did a search on this problem today....my Dakota has been throwing up alot. It's similar to the other description, sometimes whole food and other times just stomach acid. I am worried that he has a blockage and loosing weight because of this? Like humans, no nutrition?
I reviewed the link about kitty vomiting, and don't think any of these are related. He doesn't go outside, so not sure how he could get a parasite?
I am taking him to the DR today. I hope the DR doesn't think I am paranoid...but Dakota is getting to be an old kitty.
Izzy does this only occasionally, and it's after I feed her and BeBop their canned food for dinner. I think she eats too fast. Since it's only that, and not any other times, and only at the most once a week, I haven't worried about it ... yet that is.
My previous two cats went through a period when they threw up for no reason. The vet couldn't find anything wrong with them so I experimented with their food and finally found one they tolerated - Royal Canin I think, "for sensitive stomachs".
Some months later for whatever reason I changed their food again to Iams Active Maturity and they were fine with it.
I would get a vet check-up first just to make sure there is nothing wrong with her.
It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first. -Miyamoto Musashi
Laughing 100 times is the equivalent to 10 minutes on the rowing machine or 15 minutes on an exercise bike! http://library.thinkquest.org/25500/in dex2.htm
A great website to answer all your cat questions is called vetinfo. here is the link you should read about your cat throwing up: www.vetinfo.com/cat-throwing-up.html Hope this helps and also tab this site in your favorites for any future questions.
Kinda icky, but I need some input if you all are willing....
My Sally is 2 years old and has been throwing up after eating. I thought it was because our older, bigger cat was intimidating her and she was rushing to eat, but even when I separate them Sally will throw up after. Not always, just every few days. The food is not even close to digested - it doesn't even look chewed - and I can't imagine all taht in her skinny little gut so is she just eating too much? Is this her way of getting out hairballs (there is not much hair in it)? Not sure what's going on...
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.