I want to welcome all the new members as well as the old ones. I thought I would post just a few tips that I have used to help me on my BFC journey. I hope this helps you on your journer as well.
1. Start slow dont try to take on to much on at a time. New year we seem to try and do it all and that just does not work.
2. Make the foods you like to fit into the BFC plan. I also followed the menu for women over 40 at first because it was simple and not to many foods to buy. I still follow a simple plan but that is what I like. I have like 3-4 different breakfast that I eat...lunch is usually 1-2 different things. On weekends I try to make a recipe out of his book so I can take for lunch. Dinner I usually have some kind of protein and veggies...I eat a lot of salads.
So keep it simply at first so you are not overwhelmed.
3. I drink lots of water and that seems to help with cravings. Or even hot tea they make in all kinds of flavors and it makes me feel like I am getting a treat.
4. Get some kind of exercise in. I know his book does not really promote to much about exercise but I really think it helps with cravings, puts you in a good mood and overall is healthy for you and helps with weight loss.
5. Track your sugar and carbs and I try and track my fiber intake as well. I have to take supplements for fiber since I have a problem in this area (if you know what I mean) Plus tracking helps you to make sure you are not going over your sugar and carbs for the day. I also try and keep each meal at a 5/2 and sometimes under.
6. Make sure to have some healthy snacks so you wont be tempted to cheat. I like pumpkin seeds, almonds, boiled eggs or lunch meat with string cheese, veggies and dip.
7. I searched for blogs of people who were doing the BFC and found encouragement through them and also some great ideas. Our sparkteam has also helped me with motivation and encouragement. Plus full of great friends who are going through the same journey as you.
8. Try new recipes and never say you cant have something. Look for low carb low sugar recipes. If you crave sweets there are great recipes for them and also try 85% dark chocolate for those sugar cravings. I hated it at first but now I love it. They also make some SF candies we can have just check the labels to make sure it is BFC approved sweeteners.
9. I bought a few things on line like jams, syrups, bbq sauce. I feel that if I want something that is going to help me on my journey then it is money well spent.
10. So challenge yourself to 2wks and I promise you that you will feel better once you detox yourself from all the sugar and carb overloading. Eat healthier and take one day at a time.
11. Dont expect to lose the amount the book says in a week. Most people do not lose that fast. Take your measurments this helps to see results if you do not see in on the scale. I would also recommend taking a before picture (I know most of us dont like it) but if you do you will be pleased to see the results.
Pleae make sure to make friends on spark that can help you on your journey it does make a difference.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me. We cant do alone we need to support each other. jorgecruise.com/freeemailclub/2010/1/29/th
Edited by: LATTEGAL at: 1/2/2011 (22:23)
Slow and steady wins the race!
| current weight: 188.2