Accept that you will have to run more slowly than at other times of year. You need to pay attention to your body rather than your watch: 'feel' how you are going and let that dictate your pace rather than trying to hit a particular time.
Also(from Runner's World, Jan 2010):
- make sure you are wearing 'cool' fabrics
- wear a visor rather than hat if in the sun as it traps less heat
- substitute one weekly run with a pool-running session of the same duration
- consider run/walk training, or even just walking
- do shower circuits: 15 min run, quick shower, another 15 min run, quick shower, etc.
| current weight: 146.0