I have early enjoyed the website you shared and have gone back a few times now. www.stlukeproductions.com/rosary
A few years ago, one spark person wrote on a different message board the reasons to say the Rosary, they included ( so thankful for cut and paste)
(Here are some quick little facts about the Rosary. I promise, that all who pray the Rosary daily will forever be blessed in multiple ways.)
* Our lady has 117 titles. She selected this title at Fatima: "I am the Lady of the Rosary."
* St. Francis de Sales said the greatest method of praying IS- Pray the Rosary.
* St. Thomas Aquinas preached 40 straight days in Rome, Italy on just the Hail Mary.
* St. John Vianney, patron of priest, was seldom seen without a Rosary in his hand.
* "The Rosary is the scourge of the devil." -- Pope Adrian VI
* "The Rosary is a treasure of graces." -- Pope Paul V
* Padre Pio, the stigmatic priest, said: "The Rosary is THE WEAPON"
* Pope Leo XIII wrote 9 encyclicals on the Rosary.
* Pope John XXIII spoke 38 times about our Lady and the Rosary. He prayed 15 decades daily.
* St. Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort wrote: "The rosary is the most powerful weapon to touch the Heart of Jesus, Our Redeemer, who so loves His Mother."
15 Promises that the Virgin Mary makes to all who pray the Rosary
1. To all those who shall pray my Rosary devoutly, I promise my special
protection and great graces.
2. Those who shall persevere in the recitation of my Rosary will receive some special grace.
3. The Rosary will be a very powerful armor against hell; it will destroy vice, deliver from sin and dispel heresy.
4. The rosary will make virtue and good works flourish, and will obtain for souls the most abundant divine mercies. It will draw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. Those who trust themselves to me through the Rosary will not perish.
6. Whoever recites my Rosary devoutly reflecting on the mysteries, shall never be overwhelmed by misfortune. He will not experience the anger of God nor will he perish by an unprovided death. The sinner will be converted; the just will persevere in grace and merit eternal life.
7. Those truly devoted to my Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite my Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces and will share in the merits of the blessed.
9. I will deliver promptly from purgatory souls devoted to my Rosary.
10. True children of my Rosary will enjoy great glory in Heaven.
11. What you shall ask through my Rosary you shall obtain.
12. To those who propagate my Rosary I promise aid in all their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Son that all the members of the Rosary Confraternity shall have as their intercessors, in life and in death, the entire celestial court.
14. Those who recite my Rosary faithfully are my beloved children, the brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion to my Rosary is a special sign of predestination. www.stlukeproductions.com/rosary
Edited by: ANDYINBC at: 2/22/2013 (08:48)
Better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
| current weight: 261.0