Hello all you pro-life prayer warriors!
Who would like to join me for nine days in praying a rosary for pro-life intentions, and with our pro-life mysteries?
We can start on Friday!
Each day of the nine days, we will pray a set of mysteries.
Day 01 - Joyful Pro-life Mysteries
Day 02 - Luminous Pro-Life Mysteries
Day 03 - Sorrowful Pro-Life Mysteries
Day 04 - Glorious Pro-Life Mysteries
Day 05 - Joyful Pro-life Mysteries
Day 06 - Luminous Pro-Life Mysteries
Day 07 - Sorrowful Pro-Life Mysteries
Day 08 - Glorious Pro-Life Mysteries
For Day 09 - we each pick which set of mysteries we wish to do, the joyful, luminous, sorrowful, or glorious.
Here are the mysteries:
Pro-life Rosary Mysteries
1. The Annunciation: "And she was conceived by the Holy Spirit."
We pray that the Holy Spirit teaches people that, from the moment of conception, there exists a living human person.
2. The Visitation: "Mary went as quickly as she could and greeted Elizabeth."
We pray, that like Mary, we may go quickly to support women with child.
3. The Nativity of Our Lord: Mary has the joy of seeing and holding her child, the Saviour.
We pray, that every mother may have the joy of seeing and holding her baby.
4. The Presentation in the Temple: Mary and Joseph present the child Jesus in the temple.
We pray that all parents may have the joy of seeing their child born to a new life and dedicated to God in baptism.
5. The Finding in the Temple: Mary and Joseph after 3 days find the boy Jesus in the temple.
We pray that childless couples may know the joy of finding their child.
The Luminous Mysteries
1. Baptism in the Jordan:
Jesus approaches John to be baptized by him. John knows he is not worthy to even undo the thongs on Jesus' sandals, but he consents, to "fulfill all righteousness'.
Lord Jesus, as expecting parents we may feel unworthy of the life we have helped to create. Help all parents say yes, as Our Blessed Mother did, to Your request of us, and to carry out our duties as parents.
2. Wedding at Cana:
"Do whatever He tells you." (John 2:5)
Mary admonishes the servants to do whatever Jesus tells them, and the water is changed to wine after they obey.
Heavenly Father, give all men and women considering abortion the strength to obey your will to become parents, allowing the miracle of conversion to happen in their hearts.
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom:
"Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much." (Luke 7:47)
The sinful woman washes Jesus' feet with her tears, and dries them with her hair.
Lord Jesus, give all men and women guilty of coercing to abort, aborting, or performing abortions the resources and graces they need to seek forgiveness and heal.
"And he was transfigured before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his clothes became white as light." (Matthew 17:2)
Jesus gave some of his apostles a glimpse of his glory and majesty to help them withstand His coming Passion and Death.
Lord Jesus, give all parents a glimpse of your love in their hearts to enable them to withstand the trials of parenthood.
5. Institution of the Eucharist:
"If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you." (John 13:14-15)
Jesus washes the apostles' feet.
Lord Jesus, help all to follow your example of loving service to others, especially those struggling with crisis pregnancies, difficult births, or parental challenges.
1. The Agony in the Garden: Jesus agonizes in prayer over His coming passion. We pray that any woman agonizing over her pregnancy may have the courage to accept the situation.
2. The Scourging at the Pillar: Jesus is scourged at the pillar.
We pray for women suffering all the trauma of abortion.
3. The Crowning with Thorns: Jesus is crowned with thorns.
We offer this decade in reparation for the killing of babies and the maiming of women.
4. The Carrying of the Cross: Jesus carries the cross.
We offer this decade for the conversion of all who promote abortion.
5. The Crucifixion: On the cross Jesus cried out: "Father, forgive them."
We cry to the Father to forgive all who promote and carry out abortion.
1. The Resurrection: Jesus rises to new life.
We pray that all members of the medical profession keep in mind that they are dedicated to preserving human life.
2. The Ascension: Raised to the right hand of the Father, Jesus pleads for us.
We pray that those who are mocked for their belief in the sacredness of human life, may be encouraged by contemplating Christ pleading for them.
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit enlightens and strengthens the apostles.
We pray that the Holy Spirit may enlighten and strengthen all who are struggling to uphold the sacredness of human life, and those contemplating abortion.
4. The Assumption of Mary: Mary, after meeting her responsibilities amidst the suffering, is carried up to heaven. We pray that both parents may accept their responsibilities with regard to the baby and to each other.
5. The Coronation of Mary: Mary is crowned, sharing Christ's kingship after sharing His passion. We pray that we all may suffer willingly with Him, because then we shall live and reign with Him.
Edited by: CJBAGGINS at: 12/13/2011 (23:56)
The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried.
How many observe Christ’s birthday! How few, his precepts! O! ‘Tis easier to keep holidays than commandments.
| current weight: 188.0