Challenge for this week is to try some of the following mindful eating tips:
* Minimise distractions by finding a quiet place away from electronic equipment.
* Eat using the other hand and try a different utensil you don’t normally use like a little spoon for breakfast or chopsticks for lunch or dinner.
* A glass of water before each main meal helps (provided you don’t have any digestive issues) with not being so ravenous while you eat so you can still eat slowly and enjoy your food even when on a calorie deficit!
* Cut up fresh fruit into small pieces to make it last longer i.e. 1/8ths for oranges, kiwi’s and apples, even nectarines and pick up with toothpicks - I think you will find you enjoy the fruit more than just gulping down a whole apple while driving or at your desk!
* Use smaller rice crackers/wafers for snacks and turn them into an artwork just by adding two or three ingredients such as hummus, cucumber/tomato/sprouts and top with a few capers to make what’s on your plate look interesting.
* Turning morning, afternoon tea, pre and post gym snacks into a quick 5-10 min sit down meal with a cup of tea when you have the time (even if it’s just on weekends) will go a long way to help your brain register that yes in fact you have actually just eaten and it wasn’t just a blink and miss it event!
Let us know which ones you try this week and what works for you and if you have any of your own ideas you would like to share with us that would be great!
Please discuss in the general discussion forum under 18 – 24 April Challenge Discussion, I will start this challenge Monday :) www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_messagebo
Edited by: CHEEKYROSEYROSE at: 4/18/2010 (04:12)
“Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels!”
| current weight: 143.0