Fitness Minutes: (57,201) Posts: 7,599 6/28/10 9:49 A
1. Which of the statements about ALA (Alpha-linolenic acid) is FALSE? Your body converts it to DHA very efficiently. 2. True or False? Cellulite is a special type of fat? False. 3. In order for exercise to improve your cholesterol, it must be: None of the above.
Fitness Minutes: (57,201) Posts: 7,599 6/27/10 12:04 P
1. By skipping 4 oz. of sweet potato casserole and choosing 1/2 cup of baked sweet potato instead, how many calories will you save? 154. 2. Why should milk be stored in opaque (non-clear) containers? Light destroys nutrients in the milk. 3. How many teaspoons of sugar does a 12-oz can of soda contain? 10. 4. To build strength, your muscles must work __ than they are used to. Harder. 5. True or False: Dutch-processed chocolate contains the most antioxidants. False. 6. Which burger is lower in fat? Wendy's Jr. Hamburger.
Fitness Minutes: (57,201) Posts: 7,599 6/25/10 10:28 A
1. Most exercisers lose how many cups of fluid (sweat) per hour of moderate exercise? 4 cups. 2. The blood pressure-lowering benefits of exercise can be observed how soon after starting a workout program? Within hours. 3. True or False: Cholesterol doesn't play a significant role in your body; it's just bad for you. False. 4. Which of the following ground beef products tends to be the LEANEST? Ground round. 5. What common food source is usually fortified with vitamin D? Milk.
Fitness Minutes: (57,201) Posts: 7,599 6/24/10 9:45 A
1. Which of the following nutrients can be found in flaxseed? All of the above (Lignanas, Omega-3 fatty acids, Fiber, and Protein). 2. How many calories does a single gram of protein provide? 4 calories. 3. Bran is removed from wheat kernels to make white flour. What nutrients does this bran contain? All of the above (B-vitamins, Trace minerals, Fiber). 4. True or False: The hormonal changes of menopause help protect women against cardiovascular disease. False.
Fitness Minutes: (57,201) Posts: 7,599 6/23/10 10:24 A
1. True or False: The U.S. imports more cocoa beans than any other country. True. 2. To build greater muscle strength, you should do _ repettions of each exercise. Both A (8-10) and D (Fewer). 3. True or False: Regularly walking about 10,000 steps per day can help lower blood pressure. True. 4. Choosing white turkey meat instead of dark with save you how many fat grams per 4 oz serving? 4 grams. 5. True or False: Pollen counts are HIGHEST between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. False. 6. All of the following statements about perimenopause are true EXCEPT which one? A woman is usually infertile during this time.
Fitness Minutes: (57,201) Posts: 7,599 6/22/10 10:22 A
1. What do all three types of diabetes (type 1, type 2, gestational) have in common? The result in high levels of glucose in the bloodstream. 2. True or False: There are many precautions you can take as an adult to prevent allergies from developing. False. 3. True or False: Cold and flu viruses can live on surfaces like doorknobs. True. 4. Besides building strong bones, what else does calcium do? All of the above (Helps the muscles contract. Helps your heart beat. Plays a role in nerve function. Helps to clot blood.
Fitness Minutes: (57,201) Posts: 7,599 6/21/10 10:39 A
1. True or False: Women should lift light weights for more repetitions to avoid bulking up. False. 2. Which of the following nutrients should you LIMIT if you want to improve your cholesterol levels? A (Trans fats), B (Saturated fats), and C (Cholesterol) only. 3. What blood pressure reading is considered optimal? 120/80. 4. True or False. Exercising on an empty stomach, such as first thing in the morning, will help your body burn more fat. False.
Fitness Minutes: (57,201) Posts: 7,599 6/20/10 10:11 A
1. True or False: A person with a chronic condition should always get clearance from a doctor before starting an exercise program. True. 2. Which of the following measures can be taken to help prevent or delay the onset of menopause? None of the above. 3. Which nutrient is known as the sunshine vitamin? Vitamin D.
Fitness Minutes: (57,201) Posts: 7,599 6/19/10 11:24 A
1. True or False: Your body needs an adequate amount of carbohydrates to be able to burn fat. True. 2. Related to exercise, what does the term 'blood pooling' refer to? The collection of blood in the extremities. 3. True or False: Antidepressants are the most effective treatment for depression. False. 4. True or False: It's important to maintain a regular sleep and wake schedule each day including weekends. True.
Fitness Minutes: (131,684) Posts: 62,929 6/19/10 1:05 A
3-3 100% 57-72 79% 68% all time
1.True or False: You should exercise in the 'fat burning zone' (low intensity, long duration) to lose the most weight. (F) 2.How many pounds of calcium are in the average adult body? (2-3 pounds ) 3.True or False: A middle-aged (or older) person who has never exercised before should get a doctor's clearance before starting a fitness program. (T)
Fitness Minutes: (57,201) Posts: 7,599 6/18/10 10:31 A
1. For optimum health, adults should consume fewer than __ mg of cholesterol each day. 300. 2. True or False: You body needs both major minerals and trace minerals each day. True. 3. True or False: Hemp seeds contain healthy Omega-3 fatty acids. True.
Fitness Minutes: (57,201) Posts: 7,599 6/17/10 10:47 A
1. True or False: Walking provides enough impact to strengthen bones and decrease one's risk of osteoporosis. True. 2. Who is most likely to experience IBS? Women. 3. True or False: The best way to get more flax into your diet is to cook food in flaxseed oil. False.
Fitness Minutes: (57,201) Posts: 7,599 6/16/10 10:52 A
1. How often should a healthy person get his or her blood pressure checked? Every time you see the doctor. 2. Which drive-thru taco salad (with dressing) contains fewer calories? Wendy's Southwest Taco Salad. 3. True or False: Men need more vitamin K each day than women do. True.
Fitness Minutes: (57,201) Posts: 7,599 6/15/10 10:51 A
1. True or False: Strength training elevates your metabolism immediately following a workout. True. 2. A green-colored ring around the yolk of a hard-boiled egg is caused by...Both A (Overcooking) and C (Boiling eggs in water with high iron content). 3. True or False: According to a survey of SparkPeople members, those who were involved in the Community lost about the same amount of weight as members who did not use the Community features. False.
Fitness Minutes: (57,201) Posts: 7,599 6/14/10 10:10 A
1. The food ingredients erthritol, maltitol, and sorbitol are all examples of what? Sugar alcohols. 2. True or False: Osteoarthritis most often affects the wrists and elbows. False. 3. True or False: Even if you eat healthy and exercise regularly, your cholesterol levels are more likely to be elevated if you overweight. True. 4. A whole-grain wheat kernel contains 3 parts. What are they called? Bran, germ and endosperm. 5. If one or both of your parents had high blood pressure, your risk of developing it...Doubles.
Fitness Minutes: (57,201) Posts: 7,599 6/13/10 10:25 A
1. How much dietary cholesterol should you consume from foods each day? Less than 300 milligrams. 2. True or False: Eating soup before you meal can help you consume fewer total calories during your meal. 3. True or False: All types of chocolate provide health benefits. False.
Fitness Minutes: (57,201) Posts: 7,599 6/12/10 12:19 P
1. Which of the following statements about sugar alcohols is FALSE? They contain 1/8 the calories that sugar does. 2. What symptoms might indicate you have the flu as opposed to a cold? All of the above. 3. True of False: Eating healthier and exercising more are the only ways to lower your cholesterol without taking medication. False. 4. True or False: When you are sick, you should 'feed a cold and starve a fever' to recover sooner. False. 5. True or False: Exercising will prevent cellulite. False.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkTeams, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.