|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Sounds great, will try this one
Keep on track
Thanks for sharing
Small Dogs, Big Hearts Team: www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_i
Doxie Lovers: www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_i
No Gyms Needed: www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_i
MN Fat Kickers: www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_i
No, it's not. I don't know how to do that yet! I'm new to SP. I've only been on for a few days so I have yet to figure out all the good stuff on the site.
Oh! and the recipe turned out just great. It has a good crumb and tastes as good as it smells!
Edited by: JENNG28 at: 8/5/2009 (09:39)
Sounds very GOOD
OK I'm ready!!
Is this recipe in the SparkRecipes? Sounds like one I would put in Cookbook!
SparkPeople-where you can be called a loser and end up thanking someone!
Thanks for sharing...... It sounds great...
SW... 220 LBS... 15/4/08.
GW... 156 LBS.... 15/1/13.
MY WEIGHT .. 17/1/13/ 151 LBS.
NEW WEIGH IN..... MARCH 4TH 2013.
NOV/13...... 136 LBS.
♥¸.•*¨)♥ -:¦:- ♥~**♥~.•*´¨ ) ♥
.•*´¨ )♥ ¸.•*¨) ♥-:¦:- ♥¸.•*¨)
Thanks! I think so too =) I also want to try the bread with Zucchini/Blueberries instead of the Banana/Cherry.
Edited by: JENNG28 at: 8/4/2009 (13:20)
Co-leader of Lose W8, Feel Gr8, Look Gr8 - Come check us out.
Don't tell me the sky is the limit – there are footprints on the moon.
"When you arrive at your future, will you blame your past?"
"Change your thoughts and you change your world"
This is from one of my favorite blogs and I'll post how it turned out! I plan to make it tomorrow...
Cherry, Banana & Oatmeal Bread
Makes 2 (8 1/2 X 4 1/2 -inch) loaves
1/2 cup toasted rolled oats (or old-fashioned oatmeal)
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs plus 4 egg whites
1 cup low-fat buttermilk (or low-fat vanilla soymilk)
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
zest of one orange
2 small very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
1 cup pitted, halved fresh cherries
1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup flax seed or ground flax meal
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 (8 1/2 X 4 1/2 -inch) loaf pans with cooking spray.
2. To toast the oatmeal, place in a dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a medium size bowl, whisk the toasted oats, flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
4. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and eggs. Add buttermilk, yogurt, orange juice, and vanilla; beat until batter is smooth. Lower the speed; add the orange zest and bananas, and beat briefly (it's ok if the batter has a few lumps).
5. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, and mix until just incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the cherries, walnuts, and flax seed. The batter will be thick. Pour the batter into the pans. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the top is a deep golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
6. Transfer the breads to a rack; let cool for 10 minutes, then unmold and place on a rack to cool to room temperature.
Edited by: JENNG28 at: 8/4/2009 (13:18)