Let us all try this for Thursday!!! Today...well, it is only a 6-minute workout...but it is MIGHTY!
Coach Nicole's Butt-Blasting Workout
Four Moves for a Tighter Tush
Here's the message board link....let me know what you think of this video...
About This Workout
Did you know that the gluteus maximus is actually the largest AND strongest muscle in the human body? This muscle works hard when you run or briskly walk—especially when going uphill. But women also tend to store fat in the buttocks. While fat storage here is normal and healthy, excessive fat storage on top of the largest muscle in the body can result in a lot of bulk. With age, this area can become droopy and flat—an appearance that most women want to avoid.
If you're tired of performing endless squats and lunges in hopes of slimming and shaping your derrière, then this short, focused workout is for you. These exercises target the gluteus maximus to retain strength and muscle tone, and also work the surrounding muscles, including the gluteus medius (located at the superior and outer portion of the buttocks), gluteus minimus (located underneath the gluteus maximus) and the tensor fascia lata (near the quadriceps). After just six minutes of these targeted exercises, you WILL feel the burn and notice tighter and firmer muscles over time.
* Length: 6 minutes
* Equipment: Body weight, mat (optional, for cushioning)
* Type of Workout: Strength training (toning) & flexibility
* Muscles Worked: Glutes
* Fitness Level: Beginner to advanced
* Impact: Low-impact
* Safety Precautions: A mat will help cushion your body on the floor. Since this video will work your muscles to fatigue, rest at least 1-2 days before doing additional gluteal exercises.
* NEW! Track Your Workout: Scroll down to the bottom of the video link and click the "Add to Fitness Tracker" button. (You must be logged in for this to work.)
* Extra Tip: Only complete as many exercises as you can, taking a break as needed. As you progress, try to finish the entire video.
Let me know please who completes this and I will submit more!
"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something."
Check out my website: www.lindamartinsmann.com
| current weight: 156.0