Holly. I never got around to listing my fav TV shows, but I like the same one as you: - NCIS, L & O Criminal Minds, plus Mentalist, Lie to me, CSI, etc. I like to try to figure out "who dunit" before the end of the show. lol
-- I worked for 27 years as a RN before becoming disabled. -- I continue to read my nursing journals and any articles related to health issues; I want to keep up to date in case I can ever go back to work (this won't happen but what the heck) -- I visit the nursing home at least 2x month and just take time to talk with the residents and see how their day is going (something I didn't have enough time for when I worked there) -- I like to cross stitch, plastic canvas and crochet. -- My favorite TV shows are NCIS, Law and Order, Criminal Minds (do you see a theme here)and the Food Network (I like to remake recipes healthier and calculate their nutritional values; this is much easier since I found the recipe calculator here)
A day late and a dollar short, but here is my list.
1. I am a paternal twin. She was tall, slim and fair, I was short heavier and dark haired.
2. In my teens, I decided I wanted 9 kids. 9. Don't know why, I just wanted to have my own baseball team. And I don't even like baseball! Turns out I didn't have any kids. Strange how life works!
3. As a pre-teen, I liked the 60's beach music. In my late teens and 20's, I would listen ONLY to Country music. Where has the time gone? Now my favorite is Gospel music but I also like easy listening and the big band sound of the 40's (my father would be so proud!) P.S. I still like country but just not exclusively anymore!
4. I used to love making up jokes and riddles and pestered everyone with my creations.
5. I grew up loving jig saw puzzles (unfortunately, so does my cat) discovered Sudoku a couple of years ago and try to do the cross words in the paper each day to try to keep my mind active..
thought we would have a bit of fun today (and get to know one another better). Your challenge today is to LIST FIVE INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF. Put down 5 things that others would find interesting about you.
I'll go first:
1. I am a homeschool mom. Not happy with the local school system, so teaching my son at home.
2. I love to cook, not just follow recipes, but be creative with them and change them up to new and exciting things. Always looking for a way to turn a recipe healthier.
3. I used to paint ceramics, do cross stitch projects, floral arrangements/wreaths, draw, etc. I still try to do a little here and there, just not enough time in the day anymore.
4. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Health Services Administration. Though also have a lot of science background enough to qualify for a temporary teaching certificate in our state to teach Middle School Science, which is a goal of mine!
5. I am, currently, a stay at home mom, as I want the best for my son and hubs hours kind of require a need for me to stay at home. Though not complaining. I enjoy my time at home and love to write a lot of short kid's stories that I would one day like to give to my son to read, and who knows, maybe I can get them published? Doesn't hurt to try.
Who's next?! These challenges are always fun. I am sure everyone will love reading the responses as much as I do.
-Cindy- Member of Living Healthy with Insulin Resistance/Low GI Diet Team
Member of Lowering Salt Intake Team
The greatest success is the ability to rise from failure.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. " - Walt Disney
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.